What Will Be the Next Mega Ship to Homeport at PC

The Royal Caribbean Facebook page says that the Harmony will originally go out of Southampton then out of Port Liberty. Booooooo....
I believe they corrected that already. That is the Anthem itinerary

I don't think an Oasis class ship can fit under the Verrazzano Bridge, so Harmony cannot homeport at Cape Liberty.

Edited by DonnaK

I don't think an Oasis class ship can fit under the Verrazzano Bridge, so Harmony cannot homeport at Cape Liberty.

The Verrazano is higher than the Belt Bridge in Denmark which she already cleared. She won't fit in Bermuda and I don't think Central Park would like the -5 degrees we had the other morning.

Oasis and Allure both cleared the Great Belt Bridge in Denmark leaving the construction ship yard. Great Belt air draft is 213 feet; Verrazano air draft is 228 feet. Oasis can EASILY fit under Verrazano with 14 feet clearance.

i say harmony!.... our first new ship!!:D

Kinda true, but not really, we got Mariner right from the ship yard, I was on the Maiden voyage out of PC, and it was sooooo amazing. That new smell, new beds, I will never forget that. I dont even think she did any Europe cruises, I think she came right to us. Sure hope we get this ship!!!

Oasis and Allure both cleared the Great Belt Bridge in Denmark leaving the construction ship yard. Great Belt air draft is 213 feet; Verrazano air draft is 228 feet. Oasis can EASILY fit under Verrazano with 14 feet clearance.

Awesome! I stand corrected!

I guess it really depends on whether or not Royal Caribbean wants to have a ship needing to retract its smokestack every time it comes into its home port. I'm almost willing to bet they wouldn't, cause if any kind of malfunction happens, they're stuck.

I guess it really depends on whether or not Royal Caribbean wants to have a ship needing to retract its smokestack every time it comes into its home port. I'm almost willing to bet they wouldn't, cause if any kind of malfunction happens, they're stuck.
RCCL's Celebrity Solstice has a summer home port in Vancouver, B.C., and has to do a mast adjustment every time it goes under Lions Gate Bridge into its home port in Vancouver.

Thom

I don't think you will find the Oasis or her siblings making New York/Bayonne a home port, occasional visit perhaps. I think the bridge issue may be of some concern since the actual limit on the air draft is 215'... cranking the stacks up and down on such a regular basis could be problematic. The main reason I don't think they would home port up there is the fact that they are more of a warm weather ship.