Port Everglades to West Palm Beach (PBI)

niccikatie

Hi all! We have our return flight booked for 4/4/15 from PBI. Our flight out is at 12:19 - what is the most expedient way to get to PBI from Port Everglades? If hiring a car (what we're doing on our way in) - have you used a specific service with good result? There are some older posts about this, but wanted an updated opinion. I do see that tri-rail is an option, but i'm concerned about the weekend schedule and our tight timeline. Thanks!

Last spring, we did the same thing. Hired QLS Transportation. They were excellent! :) Cost $150 including gratuity.

Our flight was at 1:30, so we arranged a pick-up for 9:30.. Left the ship at 9:00. Customs was running behind, as always at Port Everglades. We did not get out of the building until around 9:45. Our driver was waiting for us. :)

Seems like we were at PBI in no time. Ahead of schedule, too! ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

Thank you! I just requested a quote from them! The company I booked for our PBI to hotel wanted $170 for the return (only $130 for the first leg) so I'm hoping for less than that. There's five of us plus luggage, so private sounds comparable to a cab.

If anyone else has any other experiences or options, I'd love to hear about them!

Thank you! I just requested a quote from them! The company I booked for our PBI to hotel wanted $170 for the return (only $130 for the first leg) so I'm hoping for less than that. There's five of us plus luggage, so private sounds comparable to a cab.

If anyone else has any other experiences or options, I'd love to hear about them!

If you haven't already done so, I would recommend posting your question on the Florida Ports of Call board (this thread may get moved there anyway), where you'll find lots of expert local advice.

Enjoy your trip!

Our quote was for 3 in a small Mercedes wagon, so $170 sounds about right. ;) That's one problem with booking a flight out of PBI when your cruise is in Ft. Lauderdale. You save money on the tickets, but then throw that money back into transportation.

Edited by Iamthesea

Our quote was for 3 in a small Mercedes wagon, so $170 sounds about right. ;) That's one problem with booking a flight out of PBI when your cruise is in Ft. Lauderdale. You save money on the tickets, but then throw that money back into transportation.

With 5 people, it's still hundreds cheaper to fly into PBI than FLL. Silly prices for last minute spring breaks!

I wouldn't do Tri-rail this time, getting from Port Everglades to the Tri-rail station takes a long time if you do their shuttle, so you'd need to pay for a taxi. It took me an hour to get to that station from the Fort Lauderdale airport once and it's right across I95, closer than the ship port.

There is not tri-rail directly to the West Palm airport, you'll have to do a shuttle or taxi again from I-95 to the airport.

They are not very suitcase friendly on the train down here either. They make you leave luggage in the luggage rack downstairs, right inside a door that opens every time you hit a stop. You may or may not be able to keep an eye on all of your pieces.

I do use it when I'm flying out of Miami only - I live about 30 minutes north of the end of the line, and the train is just as fast as driving, which is pretty precarious down here. Plus we save the airport parking fees. I never use Tri-rail to get to the ship port in Miami, too much trouble transferring to and from the train there, too.

Edited by Rulers Mom

With 5 people, it's still hundreds cheaper to fly into PBI than FLL. Silly prices for last minute spring breaks!

Tell me about it! I have been tracking prices for the spring break time (week before Easter) since last fall. The fares were never low, and they have been creeping up ever since. Our ship leaves out of Miami, so I was able to find a flight on Allegiant to FLL for half the price of flights on Delta or USAir. It's risky, but hopefully we will have no problems with our flight.