Need help deciding!!

Epinz300

So I am in a dilemma. I am looking at a cruise for December of this year for me and my girlfriend. Here are the choices:

5 Day Indy to Labadee and Falmouth

$800 for inside w/ $50 OBC

$940 for OV w/ $50 or $150 OBC

$1312 for OV w/ Bev package and $150 OBC

or

8 Day Navigator to Labadee, San Juan, St Kitts, and St Maarten

$1339 for Inside w/ possibility of $100 OBC

Now this is not including the tips added on ($60 pp for Indy and $96 pp for Navigator)

If I go Indy do I get inside room which is cheapest, or go with bev package in OV? I guess it really depends if I am gonna spend 500 bucks between two of us over 5 days. I dont think we will but at the same time I dont want to have to keep worrying about how much the bar tab is going to be.

But then if I am willing to spend 1300 for 5 day with bev package is it worth to spend a little more to go on a cruise 3 days longer and to ports neither of us have been too?

Is anyone else in this dilemma or was in this dilemma and they can share their story?

I would go with the Navigator. 8 days is way better than 5, even if you'll have to stay in an interior room. I think it's pretty easy to switch between an inside and oceanview room. After all, the window really isn't that big and you have to go out on the decks to get the best views anyway.

(If it was balcony on Indy and interior on Navigator, then I think I'd be giving you a different answer! :))

I do like the 8 day cruise but me and my gf are 24 and 23 and i am scared that without a bev package we may run up a hefty bill or not enjoy vacation as much since we will worry about bar tabs. Thats why i kind of like indy 5 day with bev package. But the ports on the 8 days though!!!

I do like the 8 day cruise but me and my gf are 24 and 23 and i am scared that without a bev package we may run up a hefty bill or not enjoy vacation as much since we will worry about bar tabs. Thats why i kind of like indy 5 day with bev package. But the ports on the 8 days though!!!

You are allowed to buy the beverage package for as little as 4 days. Whenever you buy, the package has to extend until the end of the cruise.

I would always opt for more days-- you can always tune your inside cabin TV to the Camera on the Bow and at night it will be dark and in the morning/day it will show daylight.

Better more days in an inside cabin as 5 days is too short for me

My other issue is will i spend more money on 8 day even though it has more port days? Anyone have input on those ports? Im so torn between the two. There will be more cruises, many many more, but its hard to turn down an 8 day but the money is a bit of an issue

On ports St Maarten is one of our favorites you can take a taxi for about 10 dollars to Orient beach, it is also fun just to stay on ship for some of these ports ship is not crowded and you can take full advantage of the drink package and also Navigators flow rider , and all the other features that will be way less crowded when in port, there is a market that you can just walk around in in St Kitts walking distance to ship, can just stay at beach at Labadee .

I , personally, would never stay in a interior room. Im on vacation and I want to see sunlight and stars at night. Since most cruiselines are so similar now a days, check out other lines. You might get a balcony with a drink package included like NCL for less money. GO for the most bang for you buck

this is actually excellent advice for you. By checking especially NCL they could have on a 7 day the drink package included(this was a promotion they had running last week)

If you spend little less on the cruise and get a drink package and get a window the GF will be especially thankful!!;);)

Only thing im really worried about is money truely. Its too

Much for bev package on 8 day but seems affordable on 5 day especially since we wont lose a day when in labadee. But the ports on 8 day are awesome

Yes, the cost of drinking on longer cruises is certainly a factor. So smart of you to realize that.

:D Way lots older than you and could afford a nice balcony cabin on a world cruise BUT not so sure at all we could afford our bar bill! :rolleyes: ..:D

You'll have a GREAT time on whichever you decide! :)

LuLu

If it's just about the money go with what you can afford. Don't forget to allow for the extra cost you will incur by visiting two extra ports, that is unless you're just go to walk around or lay on the beach.

See the indy wont hurt the bank account too bad even the one with bev pckg is affordable since its so far away i could make payments every month... But the 8 day is just within reach. Maybe ill put deposit on indy with drink package and check prices everyday. I want to try and stay on one cruise line so i can get points and perks but i guess a cruise is a cruise no matter what line you take. Always wanted to try princess and ncl