If Royal cancels whole cruise - what can you expect?

Miryam1234

I called 4 times today. Nobody has a clue whats going on.

Until revenue shares the details with the rest of the team you won't. They are very secretive. We had to wait 2 weeks and were told all kinds of made up stories. Mostly they said inventory management but one rep said they were deciding what rooms the crew were going to get.

Until revenue shares the details with the rest of the team you won't. They are very secretive. We had to wait 2 weeks and were told all kinds of made up stories. Mostly they said inventory management but one rep said they were deciding what rooms the crew were going to get.

I don't understand the big secret though, the cruise is no longer available to book and our reservations are no longer on our planner. At least tell us so we can make other plans

I don't understand the big secret though, the cruise is no longer available to book and our reservations are no longer on our planner. At least tell us so we can make other plans

I hear you. I went through that for 2 weeks. Logic will get you no where unfortunately.

At the end of the day we were offered 5 different price protected sailings on the same class of ship for the same length of cruise. Originally booked on Oasis departing on a Saturday and were offered Allure departing Sunday. Not ideal for us but we made it work. Having to choose a different week would not have worked.

I PREDICT that sometime (not this year or next) the cruise lines will either lose a major class action law suit or reach an agreement with the Florida Attorney General that entering into a cruise contract (offer, acceptance of monetary deposit) and then cancelling it solely because they can sell it to someone (Charter) for more money is illegal. These are not Act of God or mechanical issues that prevent delivering the product, but simply greed. I'm confident that the sales contract has been written to allow the cruise company to do this, but there is a principle of law that affords protection to the weaker party (in this case the cruiser), when the stronger party has over-reached in contract verbiage. I understand that supply and demand causes pricing to rise and fall, and that capitalism requires profit in order for a company to survive and deliver the product that we desire, but other than obscure clauses in the contract, re-selling a product they have already contracted to deliver to you sure seems like a breach of contract.

I'm not a lawyer; just my 2 cents.

Thom

I couldn't find anything online that would indicate it is a full charter. It's still gone from the ship calendar.

We were 95% sure we were booking on the 2/6/16 sailing. I really like that 8 night itinerary. Sounds like I need to do it now in case people start switching over, and have a backup in mind just in case that sailing is changed for some reason too.

I PREDICT that sometime (not this year or next) the cruise lines will either lose a major class action law suit or reach an agreement with the Florida Attorney General that entering into a cruise contract (offer, acceptance of monetary deposit) and then cancelling it solely because they can sell it to someone (Charter) for more money is illegal. These are not Act of God or mechanical issues that prevent delivering the product, but simply greed. I'm confident that the sales contract has been written to allow the cruise company to do this, but there is a principle of law that affords protection to the weaker party (in this case the cruiser), when the stronger party has over-reached in contract verbiage. I understand that supply and demand causes pricing to rise and fall, and that capitalism requires profit in order for a company to survive and deliver the product that we desire, but other than obscure clauses in the contract, re-selling a product they have already contracted to deliver to you sure seems like a breach of contract.

I'm not a lawyer; just my 2 cents.

Thom

Having been through this I totally agree that this is unfair and a major disruption to cruisers who have booked in good faith.

Unfortunately I don't see it changing anytime soon unless laws are changed. As they are currently written if there was any hope for a lawsuit I'm sure that one would have happened by now. There are enough greedy ambulance chasing lawyers around including many that specialize in going after the cruise lines that if they thought that they had a leg to stand on they would have already filed many class action suits.

I saw another thread today for a NAV Feb 2016 cruise that has been changed from a 7 or 8 to a 5 day cruise...might want to see how that relates to your sailing?

No problem, I found it. Thanks for notifying (if that is the right word. Sometimes I loose my english...)