Questions about Diamond benefits (related to kids)

LMaxwell

The above answer is also what I have been told about our children. Two are over 18 and they have our Emerald status, but have a long way to Diamond while we are only 8 nights from Diamond. Unfortunately we will only get 7 nights sailed in March before our youngest turns 18 in May. Unless, I can get DH to take a 3 night...:)

Edited by 5soonerfans

The balcony discount is just what it says, a discount. It is an inducement to book a higher category cabin and a net gain to the company. A perk is something given out, such as the evening drinks, free coffees, free photos, etc. In this case I really am only concerned with the right way to book to maximize the discount.

It is only available to C&A members who have reached a certain level. Since it is not available to everyone, I consider it to be a perk.

• 2 months later...

Thank you!

if anyone else needs this I found a thread from Feb 2015 post 860.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45516308&highlight=kids+gold+coupons#post45516308

Looks the same except the Ben & Jerry's coupon.

This is pretty close to what our kids received last month on Enchantment. I have found that it does vary slightly by ship.

On Enchantment there was no movie rental or Ben and Jerry's coupon.

The arcade credis seem to vary as well. Some ships is buy $25 get $25 others it's buy $50 and get $25.

Exactly the same benefits listed on our DDs paperwork last week.

Our daughters were minor diamonds (both 18 now) and got those perks on their cards, their cards allowed them access to the D lounge, (for breakfast for instance) although it clearly states under 18s are not welcome to visit during "cocktail hour" (5-8 PM) Luckily, these days, benefit drinks are loaded onto the sea pass and can be used at any lounge during that time, and so families like us prefer to be with our families in a more welcoming and fun environment of our own choosing!

So, at what age do they start getting the adult coupons loaded onto their seapass cards?

Since at age 18 they no longer continue to share the parents points (just retain the status) and are accumulating theur own points then they should in fact be getting all of the regular C&A coupons loaded onto their account. They may not be able to use the ones for alcohol but there are many that they could use.

So, at what age do they start getting the adult coupons loaded onto their seapass cards?

Since at age 18 they no longer continue to share the parents points (just retain the status) and are accumulating theur own points then they should in fact be getting all of the regular C&A coupons loaded onto their account. They may not be able to use the ones for alcohol but there are many that they could use.

Our daughter was getting the adult coupons at 19 (when she started cruising on Royal), so I would expect that you are correct, age 18 is likely when it starts.

Our daughter was getting the adult coupons at 19 (when she started cruising on Royal), so I would expect that you are correct, age 18 is likely when it starts.

Thanks Bob,

I had kind of misread Familygoboston's post and thought she had meant that her 18 YO was still getting the kids coupons.