Disappearing Excursion Options

Not sure if this should be asked here or in the excursion boards, but since it was through the RCcL page, I chose here.

I was looking at my Cruise Planner the other day and fell in love with one excursion. Before booking it I wanted to make sure my husband agreed and when I went to find it tonight, it was gone. We aren't cruising until February 2016. Could it possible be sold out already? Any other reason it wouldn't be up there anymore?

I could write a book about this as I have had some real bad personal experience with RCI excursions a couple of times.

I had one Navigator incident in the Eastern MED where they cancelled a tour due to poor sales just the night prior. What was more shocking was how it was handled. They just sent me a message the night before with a refund saying the tour you booked in advanced has been cancelled. Fortunately, I learned they open the tour desk in the early AM in ports and I could purchase another tour.

I had a recent incident where when I boarded the shipboard personnel had no idea that the home office had closed a tour transfer. So, the fact that a tour has disappeared from the website does not always mean that the tour will not run or is full. The ShoreEX manager was baffled as to why the tour was so poorly booked when I boarded and booked my 8 passengers on the tour.

The other problem is that the shore-ex department are very slow to respond to requests about specific information about tours if that is sometimes necessary prior to booking.

I have usually found the shipboard personnel to be for the most part helpful.

Thanks everyone. I am going to keep checking. I see that it is still listed under the general excursions for Cozumel, but not my Cruise Planner. We are still almost a year out so I'm hoping it will come back. If not, I'll look at private tour companies. Thank you!

Thanks everyone. I am going to keep checking. I see that it is still listed under the general excursions for Cozumel, but not my Cruise Planner. We are still almost a year out so I'm hoping it will come back. If not, I'll look at private tour companies. Thank you!

Sounds like the RCI website quirks again. Also possible times don't work for your particular cruise or other ships have tied up the tour operator.

Definitely check the Cozumel board for ideas. Lots to do there both through the ship and independent. Note that if you decide to go over to the mainland to see the ruins you will want to do this through the cruise line to make sure they don't leave without you.