Wine packages unavailable

catperson02

I have attempted to purchase a wine package for my Azura cruise this summer as they seemed quite good value and purchasing now would spread the cost a bit. I rang a few days ago and a customer services agent called back today, I was somewhat miffed to be told that they are not available until July, less than a month before we sail. She said that the gift brochure is changing and the packages will be in that.

I imagine that prices will be going up. I have just checked and the wine packages are still listed on my cruise personaliser.I had no problems purchasing soft drink cards for my children.

Has anyone else been able to purchase a wine package?

I have attempted to purchase a wine package for my Azura cruise this summer as they seemed quite good value and purchasing now would spread the cost a bit. I rang a few days ago and a customer services agent called back today, I was somewhat miffed to be told that they are not available until July, less than a month before we sail. She said that the gift brochure is changing and the packages will be in that.

I imagine that prices will be going up. I have just checked and the wine packages are still listed on my cruise personaliser.I had no problems purchasing soft drink cards for my children.

Has anyone else been able to purchase a wine package?

Never saw the need to pre purchase wine, or indeed most other services, but obviously the wines stocked would be expected to change in the next 5 months, just like on the shelves of a local supermarket.

David.

Never saw the need to pre purchase wine

I did a quick calculation yesterday and worked out that we'd probably buy nine bottles of wine (including Prosecco) during our forthcoming 14 day Ventura cruise. Buying the Commodore wine package would save us at least £30 - better in our pocket than P&O's!

Edited by wobblybob74

I did a quick calculation yesterday and worked out that we'd probably buy nine bottles of wine (including Prosecco) during our forthcoming 14 day Ventura cruise. Buying the Commodore wine package would save us at least £30 - better in our pocket than P&O's!

We always take a wine package. Its a good saving. Just as well P&O don't think better in our pocket than theirs !!

The wine package is good value. We bought it onboard Ventura. I doubt if you would need to pre order it online. They were pushing to sell it each day in the Horizon paper.

I just order the wine package from the wine waiter on day one. He will then bring you the vouchers and the bill.

If you can pre-order before sailing I don't think you get any loyalty discount if you qualify.

Robin

I just order the wine package from the wine waiter on day one. He will then bring you the vouchers and the bill.

If you can pre-order before sailing I don't think you get any loyalty discount if you qualify.

Robin

You do get Loyalty Discount but obviously it doesn't come off your OBC. Not usually a problem for us, it depends how much you get.

If you are a wine drinker then you must try the Glass House. A wine flight (3 selected glasses) is great.

I don't mind booking excursions in advance, but I have drawn the line at predicting what I'll be drinking on board. I'm going to leave myself the freedom to follow my daily whim. Wine, beer, G&T, Long Island Iced Tea, single malt - who knows what the moment will require :D

I don't mind booking excursions in advance, but I have drawn the line at predicting what I'll be drinking on board. I'm going to leave myself the freedom to follow my daily whim. Wine, beer, G&T, Long Island Iced Tea, single malt - who knows what the moment will require :D

... or perhaps all of them. :)

Don't understand dgs1956...if you buy on board and get the loyalty discount why doesn't it come off your OBC?! Sorry to be thick!

Sorry, if you buy on board it does come off your OBC and you get your loyalty discount. I meant if you buy in advance of the cruise then you only get the Loyalty Discount.

Sorry, if you buy on board it does come off your OBC and you get your loyalty discount. I meant if you buy in advance of the cruise then you only get the Loyalty Discount.

I think it only gets discounted once you have spent all of your OBC. If you could pre buy before you go then you would get the discount. I think the original question was around the fact that you now don't seem able to buy the package before you sail. :confused:

Edited by janieb1962

The problem for me with wine packages whether bought on the ship or before sailing is lack of choice. If the first wine you drink you like very much you can't order it again as with individual choices.

I drink a lot of wine at home and some highly recommend wine taste like vinegar to me. It's all about taste.

David.

The problem for me with wine packages whether bought on the ship or before sailing is lack of choice. If the first wine you drink you like very much you can't order it again as with individual choices.

I drink a lot of wine at home and some highly recommend wine taste like vinegar to me. It's all about taste.

David.

I was informed that with a wine package you get a pack of vouchers which you can exchange for any bottle of wine in that collection, thereby if you like a wine you can order it again.

David.

As Tripalot says, the Commodore and Captains Choice allow you to select the same wine over again.

I was informed that with a wine package you get a pack of vouchers which you can exchange for any bottle of wine in that collection, thereby if you like a wine you can order it again.

Thanks, we live and learn.

David.

Without flexibility this package would not be good for me since my wine choice sometimes depends on my dinner choices, or how I feel at the time :).

I would never be able to pre order not knowing numbers of white, red and fizz would be required. Also, if I decide on a particularly dry white (one of my favorites), my husband is liable to order a bottle more palatable to him albeit the 2 bottles of wine could in theory (not always in reality) be drank over a couple of evenings :)

Shame there is no rose in either of the packages!

Thanks everybody. P&O are going to get back to me in the next 28 days, I am not sure that they can actually do anything. The daft thing is that I was not particularly sure that a wine package was for me - that is until they told me I couldn't pre-book one. Well that was like a red rag to a bull. As soon as I am told that I can't have or do something it makes me all the more determined!

Thanks everybody. P&O are going to get back to me in the next 28 days, I am not sure that they can actually do anything. The daft thing is that I was not particularly sure that a wine package was for me - that is until they told me I couldn't pre-book one. Well that was like a red rag to a bull. As soon as I am told that I can't have or do something it makes me all the more determined!

I'm a bit confused. I thought P&O said you could order a wine package in July when they were finalised.

They did say I could order in July but if I want something or to do something I want it NOW! Also they were very evasive when I asked if the prices would go up when the packages were released in July. Stubborn me? Never!

• 1 year later...