Getaway review 02/21/15 to 02/28/15

david_sobe

Nice review! We cruised the same week - great turnout at the Meet & Greet - lots of CCers on board. Had a terrific time - staff and passengers all happy!!! Enjoyed our getaway on the Getaway from all this snow...

Edited by margie1221

Nice review! We cruised the same week - great turnout at the Meet & Greet - lots of CCers on board. Had a terrific time - staff and passengers all happy!!! Enjoyed our getaway on the Getaway from all this snow...

We met lots of people from Mass. on the cruise getting out of the cold and snow. Hard to believe this time last week we were in beautiful St Thomas :eek:

Time marches on

David,

You're amazing.

We're looking to upgrade to a similar cabin. Our choices are deck 11 starboard or deck 9, either port or starboard. Do you have any advice?

This is just an incredible review. Your photos are lovely. You should quit your day job and hit the seas or do resort reviews full time!

Thanks,

Bet

I am happy you got to meet and experience Adrian! He is simply the best. We loved him so much on the Epic. Everything you said about him matches with our experiences with him. Funny, we too thought Noemi was not very good. We DO think alike David! :)

I am happy you got to meet and experience Adrian! He is simply the best. We loved him so much on the Epic. Everything you said about him matches with our experiences with him. Funny, we too thought Noemi was not very good. We DO think alike David! :)

Yes we do think alike but everyone loves Adrian for the same reason. I have had other concierges say make your reservations, etc. This cruise I did not pre make any reservations for any shows or restaurants. He just made everything happen like it was the simplest thing to do.

He has a cult following too. So many passengers love him from other cruises that there is always a flock around the concierge desk.

Yes we do think alike but everyone loves Adrian for the same reason. I have had other concierges say make your reservations, etc. This cruise I did not pre make any reservations for any shows or restaurants. He just made everything happen like it was the simplest thing to do.

He has a cult following too. So many passengers love him from other cruises that there is always a flock around the concierge desk.

Do you think Adrian will still be on the Getaway in September? I'd really like to meet this guy!!

margie1221, I'm also enjoying David's review. Thanks for heading up the M & G. Nice touch with the nametags & lanyards:cool: Did you get "homesick" for Boston and go sit in The Icebar:eek: Pink

Do you think Adrian will still be on the Getaway in September? I'd really like to meet this guy!!

Adrian said he will be on Getaway until Escape launches. He will be off the ship for 2 weeks vacation very soon but he is coming back.

mkclayton - We'll be in room 11106 on 5/30/15. Please let us know what you think when you get back!

David - like everyone else, thank you so much for your great review of your adventures on the Getaway :-)

Edited by ejkmomco

Poor Noemi- she seems a little scared almost! Someone had posted here that she was the concierge on Getaway now...it was an error, but I was shocked!

mkclayton - We'll be in room 11106 on 5/30/15. Please let us know what you think when you get back!

ejkmomco-I will keep you updated. I'll place a little note "I was here" somewhere in the cabin for you. ;)

We had the pleasure of sailing in the Haven on the Getaway 2/7-2/14/15. Adrian is truly one of a kind and made a huge difference in our experience.

Here are a few of our thoughts….

- Spa not worth it…we bought the week pass and ended up asking for a refund after the first day. The large pool in the spa is too much work to get into and not relaxing due to the waves. And the amount of water that ends up on the deck from the pool is unbelievable. The staff in the spa are non-existent and not outgoing (except on the first day of the cruise when they are trying to sell you services). We liked the spa on the Pearl much better than this one.

- Haven restaurant and staff (especially Raluca) were amazing. The food was always good and everyone treated us like royalty. We loved not having to deal with the masses at mealtime.

- We purchased the UDP and ate at a specialty restaurant every night. Moderno and Teppanyaki were good. Cagney's food is always good but there is just too much of it! And the ambiance of Cagney's on the Getaway is lacking. It was loud and crowded. Le Bistro was our favorite…amazing food and good service. We liked how it was set up and the service was very good. In fact, we liked Le Bistro so much we cancelled our reservation at Cagney's for our last night on the cruise and ordered Le Bistro for a dinner in our cabin. :)

- We never set foot on Deck 15 (where the main pool and buffet are)…why would we?

- Our cabin steward, Gonzalo, was top notch!

- Venus and Julio, bartenders at the Haven bar, were fun and always ready to make a new concoction for us.

This was our first time in the Haven…but not our last! :D

Edited by FantasyGoddess

margie1221, I'm also enjoying David's review. Thanks for heading up the M & G. Nice touch with the nametags & lanyards:cool: Did you get "homesick" for Boston and go sit in The Icebar:eek: Pink

Hi Pink!! Funny you should ask about the Ice Bar... we were invited to a reception there and thought it would be fun to try it. Once inside for a few minutes, a group of us from Minnesota, New England and Canada looked at each other and said, "what were we thinking, we're trying to get away from this!" Nonetheless, it was a great experience - we enjoyed it but probably won't do it again!! Afterwards, to warm up, we sat with Bong at the Mojito Bar for a little while and listed to Latin music by Pedja and Alis - wish I was there again today!!

DSC01677.jpg.12115b80c2eb51ae6e34bed476a6da1b.jpg

DSC01680.jpg.d4db6e91cec7f7165341d73fe35ab583.jpg

DSC01694.jpg.49a6391f6bccac6763a790f40bccf5e4.jpg

David

Awesome review.

Did you go to the Haven cocktail party, and was it still on day 2 at 6pm?

Not sure if we need to go with the UBP- only went last time for all the free champagne!

Thanks

Lizzie

Did not attend the captain's cocktail party. The party is not in the Haven. Its now in the Grammy experience. Glad you can call that free stuff champagne :eek:

Hi Margie. Im not sure how to send a private message to you but we met you and Steve on the Getaway the last week of feb. I wanted to keep in touch with you guys because we had so much fun. Mabey you rembember Mike and Jen? we had some fun playing craps and went to the magic show together. If I can figure out how to send a private message I will send you one.