Getaway review 02/21/15 to 02/28/15

david_sobe

Hi Margie. Im not sure how to send a private message to you but we met you and Steve on the Getaway the last week of feb. I wanted to keep in touch with you guys because we had so much fun. Mabey you rembember Mike and Jen? we had some fun playing craps and went to the magic show together. If I can figure out how to send a private message I will send you one.

Gee I'm sorry I don't remember you at all - NOT!!!! Love you guys, yes please stay in touch - are you kidding??? Cleveland ROCKS...

DSC01525.jpg

DSC01539.jpg

Did not attend the captain's cocktail party. The party is not in the Haven. Its now in the Grammy experience. Glad you can call that free stuff champagne :eek:

Husband is the champagne snob. As long as it isn't Asti Spumante....I'm in! LOL,

Hubbie just shakes his head.....

Last July the party was in Bliss and it was DARK and Loud.the champagne actually wasn't bad.

Attendance will probably be way down on these parties now that so many people have the UBP.

We, too went for the free drinks. It was open bar, however, which was nice.

Edited by DrNora

Just back from my first day back to work after the cruise :(

I don't want to cook for myself. I want to go back to the restaurants.

My wife picked up fast food on the way home from work and I brought chicken back from the supermarket. Its hard adjusting back to the real world :eek:

Yes that is the hard thing! Adjusting back to the "normal" life!

The hardest part from my Feb. cruise was coming from the nice warm weather to freezing rain and cold temps. Makes me love cruising even more and I understand why people like to cruise in the winter!

We are heading on the Getaway April 4th. I can't wait. We did the EPIC last summer and I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to see what the Getaway offers and has in store.

Thanks for the review.

I enjoyed reading your review. I was on the Getaway last March and had a great time. Booked another cruise on the Getaway for Jan 2016. I took a few notes on your review of a few different things I want to try, like the pineapple coconut mojito sounds yummy! One thing that surprised me on the Getaway was how much I enjoyed some of the "dumb" shows like the Newlywed game. I thought it would be so stupid but I really enjoyed it. I plan on watching more of those shows when I cruise again.

So thanks again,

• 1 month later...
Great review so far! We are sailing in July. I love pictures of the food. Making a menu in my head of what I plan on eating :D can't wait to read all about the rest of your trip! Thanks for writing such a great review!

LoL!! I thought I was the only one who did that. Everything looks so yummy I write it down on my phone's notepad... I'll be stuffing my face in Sept.