Getting to Bayonne

JDeanFan

We're sailing out of Bayonne, and we have a car. Should we park it there (I think I read it was $90/week), get a car service (live in NJ only about 10 miles from Bayonne), or some other means? :confused: What do you guys suggest? First time to do this (obviously) so any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Yes, my car was one of those that got "painted" last week and the estimate I got from the body shop yesterday was for $2,141 and that is IF they can clean it. if not, then they will have to paint it to the tune of $4,000.

OMG! Is there any place to park where we can avoid the car being "painted", Dad Son Team?

OMG! Is there any place to park where we can avoid the car being "painted", Dad Son Team?

I do not believe there is any place at the pier that is outside of the "risk" area. All the cars were in a big lot and it didn't matter where you were, your car got hit. It is a shame too because there seems to be alot of open space around there that they could possibly move the parking area to that is away from the drydock area. You would think that somebody would have decided to do this since this has been a problem on and off all summer. If I were driving, I would invest in an inexpensive car cover just in case. The other option is the Best Western hotel near Newark airport. My understanding is that for $135, you get a room the night before your cruise and free parking up to 10 days and they will shuttle you to the pier. Since I paid $108 for parking anyway, this would have been a good deal.

Archived