Tell me what to not miss on Carnival Freedom?

br7210

• 2 months later...

Ashby (a buddy of mine from Nashville) is taking a break from cruise contracts for awhile.

The Freedom still boasts two of my favorite cruise directors in Jen Baxter and Wee Jimmy, depending on when you sail her.

Tell me the must do's on carnival freedom?

Some of my favorites from that class of ship:

The supper club, or whatever CCL is calling them nowadays.

The observation decks at the front of the ship, accessible via the doors all the way forward on some of the upper cabin decks.

The aft pool area with the sliding dome, usually less kids there and it has its own bar.

I'm sailing the freedom in 6 months and it's my first cruise! I'm so excited but mostly for the alchemy bar, a massage at the spa, and the comedy shows! Has anyone done yoga on the ship? Do they have it and how is it? Thank you!

What makes the Alchemy Bar stand out from other bars? :)

It's a place where you can tell your bartender what type of drink you like & they will concoct something for you. It's on the promenade, so you can people watch while you enjoy your new favorite drink. Just a neat place to go.

The Alchemy Bar makes awesome drinks! After your last port day you can sign up for a unannounced mixology class that is a lot of fun and good bargin, it happens on the last sea day. Sign up for the Dr Suess breakfast, its worth the $5. The Sun King is also the best dinner on the ship!

• 2 weeks later...

For a sweet FREE treat, that does not feel as frivolous as the free soft serve ice cream or forzen yogurt, try a cup of the hot chocolate that is nearby the coffee stations. It is surprisingly delicious, and while I do not know the calorie count, it just seems less decadent than the ice cream or desserts. This is true for ALL Carnival ships, not just Freedom. Hint: put your cup under the spigot, push the button once, then wait. I thought a few of the machines were not working, when I finally realized you have to wait a few seconds after one push.