Vision review- 2/14/15

Great photos. Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a great trip...well, despite the zipline incident with your knee. Ouch. Are the kids supposed to hang upside down on it. Hmm...giving me second thoughts trying it on our ship :D

Never heard of cave tubing before. Looks like fun and quite an adventure.

How did your little one like the Pullman? They're so smart for extra beds without taking up room.

Our guides did the upside down thing and the kids followed along. Talking with other families that did other zip line excursions, many companies do this. My DS is a dare devil, so this was par for the course.

As for the beds my DD slept on the mini sofa on her 1st cruise (she was 4) because I was afraid of her size and the pull downs. Now, I have no worries and the kids liking sleeping up there. Although DS shares a room with my DF as they both snore.

Pics from inside the caves. We did 2 sets.

Exiting the first cave

IMG_3307_zps50wcdify.jpg

This was the entrance of the 2nd cave. I believe it was called the mouth of something..some long ago Mayan story.

IMG_3323_zpsoyiix0lk.jpg

Teeny tiny water fall.

IMG_3332_zpslv85fn8u.jpg

Another entrance location

IMG_3345_zpszz6yhdil.jpg

See the ledge? We had walked along that trail earlier on the way to the caves. The width of the trail was maybe 10-13 feet across.

IMG_3349_zpslz3loyd5.jpg

Our group was all hooked together. Our previous experience was being linked by putting our feet on the tube of the person in front of us (especially in caves)This time, we kind of looked liked a yellow bus.

IMG_3350_zpsv0islrjz.jpg

We got to get up and swim for a bit.

IMG_3351_zps2xejmbsk.jpg

You can see the color difference better in this pic of where we swam.

IMG_3352_zps8hyvgq8z.jpg

After leaving the cave tubing location, we were taken to our lunch location. This is what we were served. It was delicious. They offered extra helpings if you were still hungry. We were served a soda bottle per person (extra charge if you requested another). And then there was the rum punch. All you want. They even brought some back on the bus with us.

IMG_3358_zpswl3i9sas.jpg

While eating, the owner stopped at our table to thank us for our business.

I would recommend cavetubing.bz for anyone interested in cave tubing in Belize!!!

A little bit about us. My DH is a scuba diver. We choose this itinerary so he could dive at least twice. HA! This was our 4th trip to Cozumel since he has started to dive and EVERY SINGLE TIME the ocean has been CLOSED! You may ask how can the ocean be closed? The Harbor Master closes the ocean due to high winds/rough waves. This means that scuba boats can't go out and the inflatables at the beach clubs need to be brought in. Well...we watched the dive boats rock before we got off the ship and my husband KNEW that his ship diving excursion would be cancelled. Guest Services had no problem refunding his his money. By 12n, they closed the ocean. His dive trip was suppose to be at 12:30 I believe.

So DF, DS, DD and I were suppose to go to Playa Mia for the day, but now we had DH to worry about. We had already paid a deposit for 4 through Shore Excursioner and I did not think there would be a problem adding 1 more. But my DF told my DH to take his place. Thanks Dad! And we were off. This was our 3rd time here. We started before the water park opened and I think it's a nice addition. It has always worked out well because of the scuba dives being cancelled.

Some pics of our day:

when we 1st got there

IMG_3359_zpsgjkeubux.jpg

The swaying palm trees was not a good thing.

IMG_3360_zpstzjtclos.jpg

When we arrived, they informed us that the sea kayaks were not going to be used due to rough seas (no kidding).

First time ever we made it out to the inflatable. Notice how the life giard has on a winter hat. :) It would eventually be brought in.

IMG_3366_zpsni2svlij.jpg

DS not quite making it on the obstacle course.

IMG_3389_zpspbvav2ox.jpg

Even with such a small ship, did you find there was enough to do, enough food options?

I have never had a problem not finding enough food options. We did WJ for breakfast and lunch (when on board). MDR or WJ this trip for dinner. We have done Chops on past trips.

Things to do? Give me a book and I am good. The kids stayed busy with us..card games, board games, pool, rock climbing, etc.

Enjoying all of your pics! I loved the water caves and tubing! I will have to look into that next time we cruise to Belize. Also, our ship stopped at Cozumel, too, and my son's snorkeling/ beach day was cancelled due to rough seas. I don't recall seeing that place (Playa Mia) offered when I was there--might have tried that. Some people I know have gone to a place called Mr Sanchos when in Cozumel that looked similar.

Awesome pics! We are going on the Vision on the 14th and booked the same cave tubing excursion. I wouldn't have thought about bug spray for the walk either, any other tips?

-bug spray

-Keens or Teva's for shoes.

-eat a good breakfast.

• 3 months later...