Changing from an inside stateroom

snowmaiden

We are already booked in an inside cabin on a New England cruise on the Summit this fall. I've never had an inside cabin before and would strongly prefer an oceanview, but at the time we booked there was just too big of a difference in price between inside and oceanview, even when we factored in the 123go incentive we could get with the oceanview stateroom.

With the new sale starting today, it looks like it's starting to make sense for us to pay the extra money to upgrade to an oceanview, but only if we'll be able to get the free beverage package with it. When I look in the fine print for this offer, it says it's for new bookings only. Since I've had problems getting consistent answers from Celebrity customer service in the past, I thought I'd ask here before making any calls. Have you changed your stateroom from an inside to an oceanview in the recent past, and if so, did they let you add the beverage package (or one of the other 123go incentives) at that time?

This is one of those cases where I wish it was possible to delete your own post. I quickly realized after posting this that I hadn't paid enough attention to the terms of the new offer, which only gives extras to verandas, not oceanviews. So my question doesn't even apply to my immediate situation. Still, I'd be curious to know what the experience of other people in this situation has been.

If you have had problems getting consistent answers from X in the past, wait until you ask them a question like this!

The short answer is that many, many people have had success upgrading, both before and after final payment, and getting various perks including 1-2-3. I have done this more than once after final payment. You do have to pay the full fare to qualify for most promotions.

There are also people who report being turned down, but this is more common after final payment--X is not obligated to allow any changes at that point.

If you get turned down, call back and ask someone else.

I have had success in obtaining the perks after having a cabin booked for the same cabin and sometimes thru upgrading, every time I had to pay the difference but sometimes it wasn't worth the additional costs. The difference you will have to pay is the difference between what you paid and the current cost of the cabin and not the difference between the current price difference for example if your price for the inside was $400 but the current price is $700 for that cabin and the balcony is $1000 you will have to pay $600 even though the difference between the two is now only $300.

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞