disembarktion- can you just walk off at the end as you can on NCL?

taymiss2

We will have a long ride ahead of us when we head home and want to get going as soon as possible. Does Carnival allow people to walk off with their bags prior to specific floors being called? I am used to NCL where it is not a problem to walk off anytime you want as long as you can carry your own bags.

I have read conflicting reports about this. We will be on the Dream in less than 2 weeks!!!!

So self assist means you still have to wait for them to call your floor but just carry your own bags when your floor is called? Oh my lord that really sucks if true. :eek:

I do remember having to sit in a lounge and wait for us to be allowed of the ship when I sailed Carnival years ago. Have done NCL ever since so didn't really think about it until now.

saving grace....we've been out of the port parking ramp and on the Interstate heading North by as early as 7:10 a.m.

that would be completely awesome!! I am not going to stress about it and will just hope for the best.

So self assist means you still have to wait for them to call your floor but just carry your own bags when your floor is called? Oh my lord that really sucks if true. :eek:

I do remember having to sit in a lounge and wait for us to be allowed of the ship when I sailed Carnival years ago. Have done NCL ever since so didn't really think about it until now.

You are still off before a large majority of the passengers and no one is going to check what floor you were actually staying on. When they call self assist debark just get off the ship.

You picked a great ship BTW. Dream is awesome.

Edited by Frank12