Waitlist for dining preference?

Seems odd to me that our preference for dining, main seating, on our July Freedom cruise cannot be honored. 13 months out we were told our only choice was my time. There has to be a reason the dining options are locked. Called again over the weekend to be told it's still a waiting list.

I just can't believe that when we booked, 13 months out, that the main seating and late both were booked, and my time was the only available option. Never have run into that in the past before.

Any thoughts? Could it have been the anticipation of dynamic dining? I don't guess it really matters as we can go to dinner when we want.

We've never done my time dining so that leaves me with a question... Do we have the same waiter every evening or will they change based on the time we choose to eat?

I saw another post about this. People are thinking that RCI is trying to get people away from the specific seating times and it has something to do with the pre-paid gratuities. Our upcoming cruise we couldn't get the early seating or My Time dining and have the 8pm seating (that is pretty late for us so we are hoping that we are able to change it closer to our sail date!)

As long as you're on the wait list, you are VERY likely to get what you want. I think it's just easier for them to put everyone into MTD then move them later. Plus, by doing that, they are getting the gratuities in advance.....

If you don't get your preferred seating BEFORE you sail, you almost certainly will once you board. Don't stress too much about it....they really DO want you to be happy, although their pre-cruise methods don't really convey that!