bus or taxi in bermuda?

njtom

i was wondering if i should take a bus or taxi to get around bermuda (total of 2 people) we have an appt. at spicelands for horseback riding and i don't know how far it is from the dockyard. i hear if you split a cab with other people, it will be cheaper......does the bus run ofton and do hey stop at all the beaches??

thanks

njtom

I just got back Friday from Grandeur's 5-day cruise to Bermuda. We bought the two day bus/ferry pass for $20 and it was money well spent. The bus drivers were very helpful and always told us exactly where to get off if we weren't sure. Oddly enough, we never had to wait for a bus. Each time we were walking up to a bus stop, one was either already there or was approaching, which was very nice.

A ride from the Dockyard to the South Shore beaches took about 40 minutes or so. We took the ferry to Hamilton from the Dockyard and that took around 20 minutes each way. I was very satisfied with the bus/ferry service and if I'm ever fortunate enough to be in Bermuda again, I'm sure I'll use them.

Someone else did the Spicelands excursion and took the #8 bus from Dockyards. From what I recall everything was fine. Do a search fro an old thread on Spicelands.

Taxis charge the same rate for 1-4 people, and more if taking 5-6 people so a trip by cab would be the same regardless of two or four people.

www.bermudabuses.com shows the various bus routes, you can find a schedule at any tourist information centre when you arrive. Some routes such as #7 (which goes by the South Shore beaches) runs as often as every 15 minutes during the weekday.

We were there last month and are Taxi fans. We went to Horseshoe Bay and found other people on the boat to split a cab with. It came out to about $3.50 per person and it was door to door. The bus leaves you off at the top of a hill that you have to walk down (an then up at the end of the day). Also, the cab takes about half the time and you are guaranteed a seat. One day there were only four of us and we were still glad to have taken the cab.

We were there last month and are Taxi fans. We went to Horseshoe Bay and found other people on the boat to split a cab with. It came out to about $3.50 per person and it was door to door. The bus leaves you off at the top of a hill that you have to walk down (an then up at the end of the day). Also, the cab takes about half the time and you are guaranteed a seat. One day there were only four of us and we were still glad to have taken the cab.

Archived