Seattle hotels

Patty, The Sheraton, Hilton and the Fairmont Olympic Hotel are all downtown and usually have representatives of the cruise line in the lobby. The Olympic is a tad bit more expensive than the Sheraton and Hilton. I usually stay at the Sheraton when I need to spend a night in Seattle (we live around 220 miles round trip so sometimes, it's easier to spend the night). All are near the heart of downtown and you can easily get to the Pike Place Market (1st and Pike) from any of the three hotels. There are many other hotel options too but you may need to take a taxi to the pier (only a short two miles or so) so it wouldn't be expensive. If you have time, you might want to take a ferry ride to Bainbridge Island to get a real view of the city from the water. It's cheap and only takes 35 minutes each way. The truly best viewpoint of the city is in West Seattle on Admiral Way. The lookout at the top is incredible. I know you only asked about hotels but having grown up in Seattle, there are so many places we like to tell people to see. If you want some other touring ideas, just let me know. There are many options if you have the time.

One more thing......you may want to call Holland America and ask if there is in fact a shuttle at these hotels. I know I have seen their representatives in the hotels but the shuttle may be considered an excursion and cost you a bit.

Karen

It's been five years, but I was able to book the Sheraton via Hotline for a very good price. There was a HAL desk in the lobby, but when I asked them about transportation to the pier they basically said take a taxi. They did not seem to be there for just regular passengers. As someone said, maybe they were for people on an excursion.

Homewood Suites is out by the Holland America building and probably the closest to the pier. It's a healthy walk back downtown (or a cab ride) but pretty close to the terminal by cab in the morning.

Be aware the traffic into the pier on embarkation day can be a nightmare- very small surface streets handling a very large amount of traffic especially if there are two ships in. Give yourself plenty of time as backups can be long into the pier area.

Homewood Suites is out by the Holland America building and probably the closest to the pier. It's a healthy walk back downtown (or a cab ride) but pretty close to the terminal by cab in the morning.

Be aware the traffic into the pier on embarkation day can be a nightmare- very small surface streets handling a very large amount of traffic especially if there are two ships in. Give yourself plenty of time as backups can be long into the pier area.

Holland & Princess have moved their piers to the Magnolia area, out of the SoDo area of Seattle. Don't know of any lodging close to where they are located now - sorry.

Holland & Princess have moved their piers to the Magnolia area, out of the SoDo area of Seattle. Don't know of any lodging close to where they are located now - sorry.

Closest will be either the Homewood Suites, or at a lower price the Mediterranean Inn... both in Lower Queen Anne. Neither offers a shuttle but you're about as close as you can be so taxis would be relatively inexpensive.

We swear by the Fairmont! The rooms and service are fantastic, nothing like starting our morning in the Georgian Room for breakfast before we head out to the port for our cruise.

Agreed; they are more expensive, but well worth it. The staff falls all over itself to accommodate any special request you might have.

Specifically, where is the "Magnolia area"? Thanks,

Rod