Partitions

foxcent

I've never had to go to guest services. Just ask the room steward. I think they can tell that the bookings are together. Maybe the guest services is a new thing or a Carnival thing. Just had the steward 3 months ago on the Celebrity Reflection open the partition. There is a lot of variation in the partitions. Some only open halfway and some open fully. There just has to be room behind them for them to fold back because they can't block a window or door.

Let me go down the line.

1. Some ships have dividers that don't open at all.

2. No divider will be "removed", just opened.

3. If the dividers can open, then all of them are capable of being opened, for use by crew when cleaning the outside glass on turn-around day.

4. Some dividers can be opened, by the crew, at your request.

5. Some dividers will not be allowed to be opened, because when it swings open (and has to be latched open), it blocks the balcony door from one or the other of the two rooms.

6. Some dividers will not be allowed to be opened because of their location, even if the divider would not block a door. This is most common on forward and aft facing balconies, but also when the two cabins are in separate fire zones. If there is one of those fire doors that folds or slides back into the wall in the hallway outside the cabins, then they are in two fire zones. The fire zone, ever since the Star Princess fire, extends out onto the balconies, and therefore the divider will not be allowed to be opened.

While on the Pride we have had ours open and they swing out to the railing and are clamped in place. On this ship you have to go to Guest services and sign a form. Once they told us they had no more clamps. We called our TA and the next day they came and removed the dividers for us. We had 6 cabins in a row.

On the Glory our room steward open them for us. I was very carefull in picking rooms as it does mater which they will open with out much hassle.

Not sure in what context you are referring. My statement was during a cruise end, not during a cruise. You could see the whole deck length.

During a cruise, only specific partitions can be opened, and from what I read, it's only with 2 consenting parties and arranged through GS.

I was referring to during sail. I had already mentioned that they all are opened at cruise end for mass cleaning.

Let me go down the line.

1. Some ships have dividers that don't open at all.

2. No divider will be "removed", just opened.

3. If the dividers can open, then all of them are capable of being opened, for use by crew when cleaning the outside glass on turn-around day.

4. Some dividers can be opened, by the crew, at your request.

5. Some dividers will not be allowed to be opened, because when it swings open (and has to be latched open), it blocks the balcony door from one or the other of the two rooms.

6. Some dividers will not be allowed to be opened because of their location, even if the divider would not block a door. This is most common on forward and aft facing balconies, but also when the two cabins are in separate fire zones. If there is one of those fire doors that folds or slides back into the wall in the hallway outside the cabins, then they are in two fire zones. The fire zone, ever since the Star Princess fire, extends out onto the balconies, and therefore the divider will not be allowed to be opened.

Good write up except there are times when partitions are actually removed. I remember some guy posting pic after being challenged, and sure enough, they were removed. I forget the circumstance.

• 1 month later...
Well Vbecky you board sooner than me once you return from your cruise and you come back to this question and let me know since we can not get the true answer :(:(

6350 & 6354 are connecting cabins, however the balcony partitions do not connect.

So does this mean that our partions can be swung open and we can converse between our balcony rooms??????

Foxcent, I wanted to let you know about the balcony partitions like I said I would. Yes we were able to have the partition opened. How ours was with the connecting room was, the partition on the balcony had like hinges that went down middle partition on the balcony. Half of that was able to swing open, wasn't all the way opened but could see each other on balcony and talk to each other. Worked great for us and was a pleasant surprise for us!

• 2 weeks later...

Had Magic connecting cabins 10249/10253, the balconies opened as did next door 10257 so that we had all three balconies in one. My next one we have 9457/9461 booked, hoping it will also open.

On the Dream had connecting cabins also and they opened.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Magic a couple of years ago and as a family of 6 we had 3 in each balcony, cabin numbers 9457 and 9461 and the room steward opened the dividers for us. It didn't matter to us if it blocked the kids door because I didn't really want them to have access to the balcony except from my cabin. We now have 9446 and 9450 on the Dream and I am hoping they will let us do the same? Otherwise I could have put my kids in a room across the hall! I really want to open the dividers:rolleyes: