Just off Divina.. I welcome your ?'s

Caronrick

I am sailing with a group of eight on the April 26th Transatlantic. We would like to be seated together in the dining room.

1. Are there tables large enough to seat eight?

2. Which is better, the upper or lower level?

3. Do you know how they assign people to their table?

Thanks in advance.

We were seated at a table for 8 in Upper Black Crab. We were near the railing looking down below and thought it a great table.

Was also on the Divina last week, my 3rd cruise on this ship. Entertainment is excellent rated the best by porthole magazine among others.

The quality of food was very good, unlike another unnamed cruise line.

I did find the selection to be limited.

I found a few shortfalls. Eggs to order at the breakfast buffet not available. Fried eggs and pre-made omelet's were available but did not fit the bill. Sunnyside up eggs, poached eggs, different kinds of omelets could not be had. Even though they went fast, many times they were not hot by time you got them. Another major complaint by some was no smoked salmon (lox) at buffet. Been on numerous ships and never saw this before

We had a little service problem in dining room at breakfast, some did not understand when I ordered Kippers (on menu) other then that service at dinner was excellent

We were one of the first to check in at the pier. Then waited almost 3 hours to board. Apparently they had a group on board that were drunk and still slept. After waking them up they still had 3 missing. Immigrations/customs etc would not allow b boarding until found. So here we had hundreds of people milling around the terminal with no idea what was going on. It would have been smart if they announced over the PA system something to calm us.

The group was so bad that they broke some chairs in showroom. Crew said they were terrible drunk most of the time and disruptive, Because of delay some cabins were not cleaned on time

Valid points about the food availability that I had yet to mention. Much of what you said about the eggs, lox and kippers I did not encounter, as I wasn't looking for them, although the MDR did forget my toast order at breakfast... Minor detail for me.

I agree that check-in was a bit of a mess. It didn't bother me so much, but I was standing with a few people that said that the delay was unacceptable to them and refuse to sail MSC again for the delay.. IMO I would not let that minor detail taint my whole perception. We arrived at about noon, and were on board before 2. Not horrible to me, but some information from MSC would have been very welcome! We were boarding a boat that just finished a 3 day full-ship charter for an Electronic Music party.. Much of the delay had to do with the company dismantling and removing the stage off of the pool deck also. It would be unsafe to board while that process was still ongoing... I did not hear about the late risers, but that doesn't really surprise me either.. Same company had a charter in January and the Logo shop sales lady told me a story about a pax who was too impatient to get off the ship on the return and jumped into the water at the POM before docking.. :eek: Yes a few chairs were broken in the theater, but I partly expected to see some things much worse upon boarding and felt the crew did an amazing job getting things cleaned up for us in such a short time!!

So much to do on San Juan but it depends on which port they dock on. When we went last week we had to dock on the port further away from everything and it was time consuming taking the shuttles and very long lines. That being said, my cousins enjoyed the canopy tour( zip lining) but that was all they were able to do. I've enjoyed the rum tour as well. Puerto Rico has a free hop on hop off that takes you to major spots in old San Juan. Loved it because you can get off tour a spot or shop and hop back on! It's walking distance from port that's close to everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valid points about the food availability that I had yet to mention. Much of what you said about the eggs, lox and kippers I did not encounter, as I wasn't looking for them, although the MDR did forget my toast order at breakfast... Minor detail for me.

I agree that check-in was a bit of a mess. It didn't bother me so much, but I was standing with a few people that said that the delay was unacceptable to them and refuse to sail MSC again for the delay.. IMO I would not let that minor detail taint my whole perception. We arrived at about noon, and were on board before 2. Not horrible to me, but some information from MSC would have been very welcome! We were boarding a boat that just finished a 3 day full-ship charter for an Electronic Music party.. Much of the delay had to do with the company dismantling and removing the stage off of the pool deck also. It would be unsafe to board while that process was still ongoing... I did not hear about the late risers, but that doesn't really surprise me either.. Same company had a charter in January and the Logo shop sales lady told me a story about a pax who was too impatient to get off the ship on the return and jumped into the water at the POM before docking.. :eek: Yes a few chairs were broken in the theater, but I partly expected to see some things much worse upon boarding and felt the crew did an amazing job getting things cleaned up for us in such a short time!!

According to the Cruise Director, guest relations, and the crew it was not the stage removal but the drinking of the group. Cabin stewrads were not permitted to clean cabins until missing passenger were found, as result many cabins not cleaned to standard in time. My daughter and son-in-law had to call guest relations at about 7pmto get cabin cleaned.

I was the first one checked in at 10:30am and waited until around 2, (almost 3 hours). An announcement should have been made I kept hearing many complain like you heard saying they would not sail MSC again. This was my 3rd sailing and I would go again things like this can and does happen.

Since this ship is home port is Miami smoked salmon is a must yet they did not have it. They had baked beans at breakfast buffet, which is european but no salmon which is american.

Non of this was a turn off for me we loved the ship and crew.

1985 Fairsky SITMAR

1986 Song of America ROYAL CARIBBEAN

1986 Oceanic PREMIER

1987 Oceanic PREMIER

Nordic Prince ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Nordic Empress ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Viking Seranade ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Regal Princess PRINCESS

Royal Majesty MAJESTY CRUISE LINES

1992 Monarch of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

1995 Sovereign of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

1996 Song of America ROYAL CARIBBEAN

1999 Oceanic PREMIER

1999 Splendor of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

(Apple Vacation) OCEANIC CRUISE LINE

Legend of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Majesty of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Grandeur of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Enchantment of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

2000 Voyager of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

2000 Horizon (Alaska) CELEBRITY

2001 Explorer of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Crown Princess PRINCESS

2001 Dawn Princess (Alaska) PRINCESS

2002 NCL Dreamward

2002 Carnival Legend CARNIVAL

2002 Brilliance of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

2003 Navigator of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Aug 2003 Horizon (Bermuda) CELEBRITY

Oct 2003 Serenade of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Jul 2004 Mariner of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Dec 2004 Empress of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Sept 2005 Explorer of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBAEN

Oct 2005 Infinity CELEBRITY

Nov 2005 Enchantment of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Feb 2006 Golden Princess PRINCESS

May 2006 Zenith CELEBRITY

May 2006 Freedom of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Dec 2006 Millenium CELEBRITY

Jun 2007 Caribbean Princess PRINCESS

Aug 2007 Explorer of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Oct 2007 Vision of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Jul 2008 Explorer of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Oct 2008 Solstice CELERITY

Nov 2008 Enchantment of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Nov 2009 Dream CARNIVAL

Dec 2009 Solstice CELERITY

Jun 2010 Emerald Princess PRINCESS

Nov 2010 Enchantment of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBEAN

July 2011 Allure of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Dec 2011 Silhouette CELEBRITY

May 2012 Oasis of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBEAN

July 2013 Gem NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINES

Dec 2013 Divina MSC

Nov 2014 Divina MSC

Feb 2015 Divina MSC

Apr 2015 Quantum ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Edited by Cruise-A-Hoy

Interesting about the eggs, I had eggs made to order and omelets made to order every morning. Now they did move the egg station after the first day, but this was back in OCT. Not sure why it would have changed.

Not sure if you are talking about the Divina but being on it 3 times starting with the first US sailing in Dec 2013 they never had eggs to order at the buffet.

According to the Cruise Director, guest relations, and the crew it was not the stage removal but the drinking of the group. Cabin stewrads were not permitted to clean cabins until missing passenger were found, as result many cabins not cleaned to standard in time. My daughter and son-in-law had to call guest relations at about 7pmto get cabin cleaned.

I was the first one checked in at 10:30am and waited until around 2, (almost 3 hours). An announcement should have been made I kept hearing many complain like you heard saying they would not sail MSC again. This was my 3rd sailing and I would go again things like this can and does happen.

Since this ship is home port is Miami smoked salmon is a must yet they did not have it. They had baked beans at breakfast buffet, which is european but no salmon which is american.

Non of this was a turn off for me we loved the ship and crew.

Thanks for letting me know. The stage did come up with my conversations with a few staff. I never did talk to Andre about it however, so I stand corrected. Our room was good to go when we checked it out at about 4, and never heard of any one else with issues, so its sad to hear about your daughter.

Thanks for providing me with a little of your perspective of the cruise. :)

Smoked salmon isn't particular to the US - it's huge here in Ireland. Scotland is also famous for its smoked salmon. In my experience (having done 7 MSC cruises) smoked salmon is always on the breakfast menu in the MDR and on the room-service menu but never on the buffet.

Smoked salmon isn't particular to the US - it's huge here in Ireland. Scotland is also famous for its smoked salmon. In my experience (having done 7 MSC cruises) smoked salmon is always on the breakfast menu in the MDR and on the room-service menu but never on the buffet.

True I know there are several verisons of smoked salmon but the one I am referring ti is called "lox"

I also know they had it in the MDR but we usually had breakfast in the buffet and should have been offered as most other cruise lines do.

BTW, I read that the lack of smoked salmon in the Buffet was the number 2 complaint, number 1 was eggs to order

True I know there are several verisons of smoked salmon but the one I am referring ti is called "lox"

I also know they had it in the MDR but we usually had breakfast in the buffet and should have been offered as most other cruise lines do.

BTW, I read that the lack of smoked salmon in the Buffet was the number 2 complaint, number 1 was eggs to order

Yes, you're right, of course, about lox. I wonder why they don't have it in the buffet - I've noticed it's been mentioned often on the site. Perhaps they're catering for a wider demographic and have limited space with the inclusion of Mediterranean offerings. Having said that, I haven't been on Divina so I don't know the answer. All I know is I go to the MDR if I'm looking for it for breakfast or order from room service for lunch! I'm quite partial to the smoked salmon onboard :D

Just returned from MSC Divina Eastern Caribbean... did excursion with local in St. Maarten $25 to see both sides including stops at Orient Beach and shopping at Market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you get this tour? Thanks for any help- we sail April 4!

I've just arrived home after spending the last two weeks on the gorgeous Divina. (Been awake 24hrs as couldn't sleep on the plane, plus I'm still swaying lol)

I have to say, the first week was a LOT quieter on board. The second week was completely different. There were a lot more Europeans on the first week. The dynamics were completely different.

I have to say, the young tenor was AMAZING! He finished yesterday for a well earned break. He deserves to go far.

I've just arrived home after spending the last two weeks on the gorgeous Divina. (Been awake 24hrs as couldn't sleep on the plane, plus I'm still swaying lol)

I have to say, the first week was a LOT quieter on board. The second week was completely different. There were a lot more Europeans on the first week. The dynamics were completely different.

I have to say, the young tenor was AMAZING! He finished yesterday for a well earned break. He deserves to go far.

Was there only one karaoke night?

Welcome back but We need to know more lol

How was food,shows,the stops and more and more ?

Sea ya

Eric

How much do they charge for drinks? We are leaving on the Divina next week. Can't wait:D

Mixed drinks and beer are abt. 20% less then other cruise lines, if you drink a lot, the all you can drink pkges. are a very good buy, if you drink less the vouchers are a very good deal!

If you order the vouchers, or drink pkge. online 'before' your cruise, you won't have to pay the extra for gratuity!

Have fun!:D

Just returned from MSC Divina. The ship was beautiful. The embarkment process was the fastest I have ever experienced and so was Dis-embarkment (15 min. tops). I only have one complaint... the language barrier in the Black Crab was terrible for Americans. We were almost at the point of drawing pictures. I work with many people with different languages and never had that much problem with communication but this was painful. I was part of the Vegan group so I did not get to choose what cruiseline and I do not plan on booking this cruise line again.

Other cruises have many different languages on board but this one was the most difficult to understand what they were saying. Some crewmembers were nice and helpful and others seemed rude.

Just returned from MSC Divina. The ship was beautiful. The embarkment process was the fastest I have ever experienced and so was Dis-embarkment (15 min. tops). I only have one complaint... the language barrier in the Black Crab was terrible for Americans. We were almost at the point of drawing pictures. I work with many people with different languages and never had that much problem with communication but this was painful. I was part of the Vegan group so I did not get to choose what cruiseline and I do not plan on booking this cruise line again.

Other cruises have many different languages on board but this one was the most difficult to understand what they were saying. Some crewmembers were nice and helpful and others seemed rude.

What language should I be most brushed up on? Perhaps bring a dictionary? I am an American sign language interpreter. Will that help me? LOL! I can pantomime a lot.

We have never had a problem with language in the MDR in all of our 6 cruises.

To travel in a vegan group on an italian ship can be a challenge. Next time inform them before you go, the most of them are really helpful!;)

To travel in a vegan group on an italian ship can be a challenge. Next time inform them before you go, the most of them are really helpful!;)

the group was half the ship, it's the groups 5th year on MSC - they knew vegans were coming. This vegan group brings on their own chef and food.

The issue was that it was not an MSC menu, and if you wanted anything different from the vegan menu, or wanted to skip a course, communication was difficult.