Arranging car service for the Jade in Civitavecchia

Ship2shoreCO

Thinking of arranging a car service from Civitavecchia back to Rome after cruising on the Jade later this month. I can't figure out what time to have them pick us up. When I called NCL, they couldn't give me an answer. They told me to ask at guest services once we are onboard.

Any suggestions?

When I was on that cruise two years ago I had a car service pick me up at 8am, since I planned to be among the first people off the ship. If you want to be safe, I would say schedule it for 10am in case the ship is late getting into port. If it's on time, just try to be one of the last people to disembark.

We just got off 4 weeks ago pick up for 9.30am,we were in rome city by 10.45am they were pretty much calling everyone to exit by this time :D

I was thinking sometime between 9 AM and 10 AM, so 9:30 AM may be a good compromise.

I checked that out, but my French isn't that great. :)

9h30 stated just before the table of luggage tag colors is the disembarkation deadline, that's when they are really determined to get everyone still onboard out from the ship.

We left jade in Civita Nov 12 after 19 days with one airline size carryon each. Ship arrived at 5am and we had departure from ship beginning at 6am for those that could carry their own bags off.

Pax ideas of their ability to move "carryon" bags included a disabled pax with 2 very large roller bags, about 150 pax with massive size roller bags, etc.

Bags get put off ship directly to a large building within a 30 feet of the ship. That is the first priority, so that early walk off pax are not allowed off the ship until all those bags are delivered to the building. NCL does not want walk off pax traveling the narrow area where the crew is moving the bags from the ship to the building.

We were ready to leave the ship at 6am. Pax crowded departure area, pax could not get off elevator as area became soooooooo crowded, so all elevators became inoperable, then pax were incapable of moving their large and numerous luggage, and it was drizzling and gangplank there is also a little bit steep.

All pax goodwill and camaraderie was left at breakfast buffet. Just FYI.

Pax ideas of their ability to move "carryon" bags included a disabled pax with 2 very large roller bags, about 150 pax with massive size roller bags, etc.

I think that you have misunderstood "Easy Walk-Off" concept. Nowhere does it say that you would need to have only carryon-sized luggage - the whole point is that you can haul all of your own luggage off the ship if you want, no matter the size.

What you described (massive size roller bags etc) is completely normal for Easy Walk-Off.

We just got off the Jade twice in Civitavecchia. Once inbetween the two legs of our cruise and once for good after the second leg.

As Demonyte writes, you can walk your own luggage off. It need not be small.

Walkoff starts around 6am, and they want everyone off by 9:30.

Whether you walk your bags off or put them outside your room the night before, you must pass through the large warehouse where those people who put their bags outside the room the night before collect them. On the other side of the warehouse there will be:

--Drivers holding the names of individual passengers (what my MIL took into Rome)

--Complimentary NCL coach to shuttle you ouiside the port to an area where private coach companies do transfers (what we took to aeroport)

--NCL coaches to the aeroport and into Rome, some with excursions before dropoff at destination.

It's all quite easy.

We used ESA shuttle. They picked us up along with another couple who also arranged with them. I think it was 70 euros for two to the airport. They were holding a sign for us. We got off at 8:45 am for our flight at 12:30 pm. Easy and great service.