Royal Caribbean cruise transportation question

algomaspur

My friends and I will be taking are first cruise on 10/18/2015 to the Caribbean. I am from Idaho and the last time I was at sea was on A fast attack submarine in 2001. I traveled around the world three times in nautical miles in 4 years. Anyway We will be flying into Hobby Airport in Houston on the 17th at 2:00 p.m. and getting a room at Best Western Plus Hobby Airport Inn then departing the next day to terminal 2 in Galveston. The ship departs at 4:30 p.m. on the 18th. Then on the 25th we return at 8:00 a.m. and will be flying out of IAH in Houston at 6:30 p.m. I set this up because of the fact that I do not want to miss my flights and this is the cheapest route. We are flying in on Southwest for 196 per person. Then will be flying out on a Delta Airbus 350 for 194.00 per person. Unfortunately the only southwest flight out of hobby airport was 400 per person go figure so that is why we have to do it this way. Anyway my question is this what is the best transportation service to go from Houston Hobby airport to the terminal does RCCL provide a transfer service that we can hop on the 18th at the airport. I was thinking we could take the shuttle service to the airport then do it that way. When Disembarking does RCCL provide a transfer service from the Port to IAH. I am trying to find out the easiest way for us to accomplish this it seems transportation is an issue in and out of Galveston. I would appreciate any help that you can provide me. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my long post. U.S.S San Juan ssn(751) Machinist Mate Weapons 3rd Class Petty officer Submarine Designated Veteran. Thanks for helping this newbie cruiser out.

You may wish to post this on the Royal Caribbean board for more information.

My personal opinion - have used Galveston Limo Service - this is not a true limo service, more of a shuttle. Operates from both Hobby and Bush airports. Have found them to be reliable.

Many people prefer private car service/limo - have not used, so I cannot speak to a specific company, etc.

RC offers transfers - last time I checked they were comparable to other shuttle services, like Galveston Limo, which was unusual (RC is normally more expensive).

You could also consider car rental.

Cab might be expensive - depending on how many in your party.