Maasdam lower promenade cabins noisy?

Cruisa Loosa

We are booked on the Maasdam in an outside, partially obstructed view cabin in the forward area of the ship on the lower promenade. Has anyone been in these cabins? Are they noisy with the Showroom above?

I am willing to live with noise if it means a cruise to paradise after this winter, but still curious.

Thanks!

I was once in a similar cabin on the Rotterdam. The only noise I heard was from cleaning the promenade early in the morning. It would rouse me somewhat, but I am a sound sleeper, so it didn't bother me.

If you are a lighter sleeper, then it may. Do close your curtains, even if you leave the draperies open for light.

I never heard anything from the show lounge, but I went to bed after the 2nd show ended, and wasn't napping during rehearsal time. Because my cabin was in an obstructed area, people didn't stop outside my window to chat. No noise there, either.

We had a similar room on Volendam, and did occasionally hear a bit of sound from the showroom. We customarily go to the late show, though, so it never bothered us. It certainly was not loud. We also ordered a fan for the room, and usually had that on at night for a bit of air circulation, so possibly that would have drowned out a distant sound.

Sorry, Ruth, typing at the same time - and yes we also sometimes heard the hoses at work!

Edited by Vict0riann