Lost and Found

I left prescription eye glasses behind on my recent Oasis of the Seas cruise in my cabin. I have contacted the lost and found department on Royal Caribbean and now is the waiting game. My question is, have anyone else had to use their service for leaving something behind? did you ever get the item back? Those glasses were over $200 :((

During our last disembarking adventure from Liberty, my daughter lost her iPod. Sent an email and called rccl a few times. Never got any response from them at any point in time. A definite lack of concern on their part.

I left a pair of glasses onboard once too. Contacted them 2-3 times, never seen again and no response whatsoever. Anything is possible, but from reading posts here over the years I'd say their track record of getting things back to people is not good at all:mad: I think it's clear from the stories here that "lost and found" is a very low priority for them.

Edited by bouhunter

I left prescription eye glasses behind on my recent Oasis of the Seas cruise in my cabin. I have contacted the lost and found department on Royal Caribbean and now is the waiting game. My question is, have anyone else had to use their service for leaving something behind? did you ever get the item back? Those glasses were over $200 :((

I lost a diamond pendant. Never found. However they did find husband 's camera, & It was returned. He thought it was misplaced in the house

• 6 months later...

A camera was lost and Royal CS went to great lengths to locate us and return it. A wallet was lost and they returned it to us too. We were still on board. I left a special poster in a canister on board and I never got a response to reporting it was still in the cabin and exactly where it had been left in the cabin. It seems that you have a much better chance of it being found and returned if it happens while you are still on board. :confused:

My husband left a pair of prescription sunglasses on board a few years ago. We noticed it as we were on the way to our hotel in Vancouver for a couple of after cruise days and called to see if we could come back and get it from the ship (he was sure he had left them in the cabin on the way out that morning) we were told that would not be possible. We were only 5 minutes from the ship. They said they would let us know if they found them and we gave them both of our cell phone #'s and the name of the hotel. We never heard from them and made a number of calls to RC customer service and corporate and never heard back from them. We were very upset at the lack of concern especially when we called right after we got off the ship and we could have gone right back to the port to pick them up, if they had just checked the room.