Norwegian-Shark, Rays, and Island Getaway Excursion

bkellyb

Yep, we just did this a little over 3 months ago. The experience was amazing and if we ever go back again, I want to do it again...but probably with a local private vendor instead of the cruise ship for the more "personal" feeling.

I have a COMPLETE review listed in my signature line and there's TONS of pictures with a breakdown of everything from that day from the sharks and rays to the island if you are interested. :)

We will be cruising in a couple of weeks and are considering this excursion from the ship. Has anyone done this excursion or have any advice on things to do at this port.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian - I can't tell you if it is any good, but we are using Coral Breeze for this tour in 2 weeks. Check them out as a private vendor like Mitsugirly suggests

I just did it this week on the NCL Jewel. I enjoyed it. You should see mitsugirly's review, as it covers everything. We did not have as many sharks that day, as there were a lot of people there from other tours too. Our excursion group was bigger too I think, as we had 4 groups split off from the boat to the water. Our boat did have a covered section, so I could ride in the shade there and back.

We did get to touch the shark. The shark man did grab one for everyone to come see. There were a lot of sting rays. They just swim all around you. They held them too, so you could touch them. I also touched them as they swam by.

My group also walked over to the reef to see a few things. On the walk over there, I did see a bigger nurse shark swimming. About twice as big as the ones they hold. That was cool.

I was able to touch the bottom all of the time. I think it was 5 feet deep at the most where we were. It would have been nice to have a snorkel and fins though. If I go back, then I am taking those. They just give you a mask. I did have water shoes thanks to mitsugirly's review.

I booked on the ship to use OBC I had. I think you can get the excursion for about 40 less through a private company.

It was a good trip and I would go back to do it again.

• 2 months later...