Tell me about Junior Suites please.

We are booked on a cruise out of Venice on the Splendor. This is our 3rd time on RC, we are only gold level. We splurged a little for a junior suite. I know that means a little extra space and a slightly larger bathroom. Are there other perks? Are we allowed to board earlier than we would as just gold level? Just wondering.

Thank You!

Deb

We are booked on a cruise out of Venice on the Splendor. This is our 3rd time on RC, we are only gold level. We splurged a little for a junior suite. I know that means a little extra space and a slightly larger bathroom. Are there other perks? Are we allowed to board earlier than we would as just gold level? Just wondering.

Thank You!

Deb

Perks: Bathtub, priority check-in and boarding, tea kettle, coffee maker, bathroom amenities, robes, double C&A points, and a silver Seapass card.

I didn't know about the double points--that's great news. What does the silver Seapass card do?

Sparkles.;)

What you might like the most is the huge walkin closet.

Very few JS staterooms on Vision class ships have walk-in closets.

Edited by clarea

Thank You!

Deb

double crown and anchor points

Thank You!

Deb

double crown and anchor points

For me, one of the big benefits of a JS is the bath tub/shower combo. It gives you so much more room to take a shower than does their skinny little shower stall in other rooms. I also did not know about the double points which will be nice!

Do JS have the same size balconies as GS?

I have not been in a GS. Our JS balcony on the Liberty was spacious enough for 2 loungers, 2 chars and a table. Not crowded at all. We were in 9634. Loved it! The JS was my Christmas gift as I am a bathtub lover.

We like the extra space in the room. It doesn't feel cramped at all. Goes without saying about the bathtub! GS balconies are bigger but the JS balcony is larger than a regular balcony and has adequate room.

We've stayed in both GS and JS on all but one RCI cruise. GS balconies are larger because a GS is wider and they're usually deeper too. As for walk-in closets on Vision class, I don't think there are any in JS. We've had them on EX and AL and honestly, there's just as much storage in a JS without one.

A silver card doesn't get you anything other than signifying you are in a JS. We love the double points which helped us get to D+ in 12 cruises, plus we tend to take longer cruises out of the northeast. We have also used priority boarding in every port.

Edited by BND

Are there walk-in closets in a junior suite on the Oasis of the Seas?

Yes. There are walk-in closets in the JS staterooms on all classes except Sovereign and Vision. There are just a handful of walk-in closets in JS staterooms on Vision class. Two I know about are 7166 and 7666 on Enchantment.

Yes. There are walk-in closets in the JS staterooms on all classes except Sovereign and Vision. There are just a handful of walk-in closets in JS staterooms on Vision class. Two I know about are 7166 and 7666 on Enchantment.

Those are corner aft cabins which also have much larger balconies. I forget about those cabins because we never book aft because when there's a lot of motion, I feel it more in the aft and can only take so much Bonine :-)

Edited by BND