Kaching! Upgrade Fairy offer I couldn't refuse!

I've never had an upgrade offer before.

This one was great, in my opinion!

We were scheduled to leave on Monday for a 6-day cruise on the Magic with an interior cabin.

$228 total more to move to an aft extended balcony? Yes, please!

I don't think I'm going to tell my husband. We'll wait and let him be surprised.

:):):):):):)

We were scheduled to leave on Monday for a 6-day cruise on the Magic with an interior cabin.

I don't think I'm going to tell my husband. We'll wait and let him be surprised.

My DH got this call once when we were in a regular balcony and he got a call for Aft Vista Suite for less than $200 more than we paid for the balcony. He did not tell me and distracted me when we at the desk getting our cards so I didn't catch it there when agent said room number. He took my card out of the envelope and handed it to me so I wouldn't see it on envelope. He let me go the the room I was expecting and put my card in just to see my face. Then he told me to follow him and down the hall we went (our balcony was already aft and all he did was walk straight down the hall a little and put the key in the door....then stepped back and held it open saying "Surprise" with the biggest grin on his face. Priceless lol we loved the vista suite and book it often now when the price is right. So ya, my 2 cents from being on the other end is keep it a surprise. But remember to distract him when they say room number and take the envelope yourself and hand him his card. Have a great cruise.

So ya, my 2 cents from being on the other end is keep it a surprise. But remember to distract him when they say room number and take the envelope yourself and hand him his card. Have a great cruise.

This is a great story and a wonderful suggestion! Thanks for posting!

Edited by JimAOk1945

My DH got this call once when we were in a regular balcony and he got a call for Aft Vista Suite for less than $200 more than we paid for the balcony. He did not tell me and distracted me when we at the desk getting our cards so I didn't catch it there when agent said room number. He took my card out of the envelope and handed it to me so I wouldn't see it on envelope. He let me go the the room I was expecting and put my card in just to see my face. Then he told me to follow him and down the hall we went (our balcony was already aft and all he did was walk straight down the hall a little and put the key in the door....then stepped back and held it open saying "Surprise" with the biggest grin on his face. Priceless lol we loved the vista suite and book it often now when the price is right. So ya, my 2 cents from being on the other end is keep it a surprise. But remember to distract him when they say room number and take the envelope yourself and hand him his card. Have a great cruise.

I'm lucky here. He has no idea what our cabin # was before, so it will make no difference! lol

As a frequent cruiser with a few different cruise lines I've yet to ever receive an upgrade call. I'm just curious if they call and you don't answer do they leave a message on voice mail?? I get random calls from unknown numbers that I just don't answer because I'm not familiar with the phone number.. I'm just reconsidering if I'm missing out by not answering those unknown number calls.

As a frequent cruiser with a few different cruise lines I've yet to ever receive an upgrade call. I'm just curious if they call and you don't answer do they leave a message on voice mail?? I get random calls from unknown numbers that I just don't answer because I'm not familiar with the phone number.. I'm just reconsidering if I'm missing out by not answering those unknown number calls.

We nearly missed our two chances by ignoring the phone calls which showed they were from Miami FL and we don't know anyone who lives there.

Later that same day, I received emails on the same day with the offers. One was from Princess back in the day when they had free upgrades from mini suites to full suites, and one from Carnival.

Both emails explained the offers in great detail, had the name and number to call for confirmation, and a 24 hour time limit to respond. I gladly accepted both, even though the one from Carnival was an upsell rather than a free upgrade.

It has been my experience that when Carnival calls us that the caller id will show area code 305. We always answer those. Other cruise lines, I don't know what those numbers would be.

We nearly missed our two chances by ignoring the phone calls which showed they were from Miami FL and we don't know anyone who lives there.

Later that same day, I received emails on the same day with the offers. One was from Princess back in the day when they had free upgrades from mini suites to full suites, and one from Carnival.

Both emails explained the offers in great detail, had the name and number to call for confirmation, and a 24 hour time limit to respond. I gladly accepted both, even though the one from Carnival was an upsell rather than a free upgrade.

I always read my emails. So I'll have to pay closer attention to the caller I.D. ... When I book I'm thinking I'm getting a great deal, but I would upsell for sure if the price is right.... Hopefully I'll get a visit via phone or email from this fairy too:)

Awesome nice surprise I did dh the same way on our last cruise. I whispered to the desk person who was checking us in not to mention our room type.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by siestakeys04