Latest time allowed to stay on ship at the end of cruise

Broch

Can anyone tell me how long you can stay aboard the Balmoral on disembarkation day. Our flights have beenput back a couple of hours so don't leave Southampton until 15.00 hrs. I appreciate that we wil have to be out of our cabin early but just wondered if we would be allowed to sit in a lounge a bit later

They will want the ship cleared once disembarkation is finished. They disembark from the top deck residents, then work their way down to the lowest deck. We do not always rush to go off with our deck and I think you could hang on for a while if you are upper deck people.

It is not that pleasant being on the ships once disembarkation starts to progress - bars will be closed and they start locking up toilets pretty nippy as well. I do not know if you can stay in the cruise terminal though. Best ring Fred and ask, but phone lines will be busy at present as they are in the middle of a staggered release of their new cruise program.

I do love your little mouse.

Edited by tring

They will want the ship cleared once disembarkation is finished. They disembark from the top deck residents, then work their way down to the lowest deck. We do not always rush to go off with our deck and I think you could hang on for a while if you are upper deck people.

It is not that pleasant being on the ships once disembarkation starts to progress - bars will be closed and they start locking up toilets pretty nippy as well. I do not know if you can stay in the cruise terminal though. Best ring Fred and ask, but phone lines will be busy at present as they are in the middle of a staggered release of their new cruise program.

I do love your little mouse.

Thanks for your reply. If you want you can right click on the mouse and then save image

Thanks, might try that with your mouse.

Have you thought of going to a local hotel, perhaps near the airport, for a couple of drinks and possibly a light snack or early lunch. You may not need fed much, if at all, but would be a relaxing finish to the holiday. We often crash out for a while somewhere not too far from the port, (if it is Southampton), as we can then get ourselves in a better frame of mind for the drive back.

It is how we deal with long distance train travel as well. We go on the bus to Liverpool, (about an hour in total from home), then have a nice leisurely large Latte in a local upmarket hotel. It means we can get there in plenty of time yet just wander into the station at the right time. The hotel bars are quiet at that time of day and are happy to see someone.

Thanks, might try that with your mouse.

Have you thought of going to a local hotel, perhaps near the airport, for a couple of drinks and possibly a light snack or early lunch. You may not need fed much, if at all, but would be a relaxing finish to the holiday. We often crash out for a while somewhere not too far from the port, (if it is Southampton), as we can then get ourselves in a better frame of mind for the drive back.

It is how we deal with long distance train travel as well. We go on the bus to Liverpool, (about an hour in total from home), then have a nice leisurely large Latte in a local upmarket hotel. It means we can get there in plenty of time yet just wander into the station at the right time. The hotel bars are quiet at that time of day and are happy to see someone.

Yes that is a good idea. We are staying at the Airport Premier Inn the night before the cruise so might go there on the way back for lunch. Thanks