Pre booking restaurants, OBC question

I am looking to pre book Teppanyaki for our upcoming Pearl cruise in May, and I was wondering if it would be charged to my credit card now, or if it would be charged after we actually eat there? I would like to use my OBC to pay for it, but I also want to book it ahead of time to make sure we get seats there on the night we want. Thanks in advance:D

I am looking to pre book Teppanyaki for our upcoming Pearl cruise in May, and I was wondering if it would be charged to my credit card now, or if it would be charged after we actually eat there? I would like to use my OBC to pay for it, but I also want to book it ahead of time to make sure we get seats there on the night we want. Thanks in advance:D

OBC means ON BOARD Credit so can only be used ON BOARD.

Any reservations made before that must be paid for before that, with credit card.

Thanks for the help everybody :). I think I will just contact the concierge right away to make my reservation. We really enjoyed in our previous cruise in the Dawn, so we don't want to miss it:D

If you are in a suite the pre-cruise concierge can and the reservation request without needing to pre-pay. I just did it for my Gem cruise coming up in June. Remember you can book 100 days out if in a suite.

If you are in a suite the pre-cruise concierge can and the reservation request without needing to pre-pay. I just did it for my Gem cruise coming up in June. Remember you can book 100 days out if in a suite.

That would be great! How do I contact the pre cruise concierge though? I haven't received any info on that from NCL yet, and we're less than 90 days now.

That would be great! How do I contact the pre cruise concierge though? I haven't received any info on that from NCL yet, and we're less than 90 days now.

Either call 1-855-625-4283 or email NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com

Edit: Also, it's Pre-Cruise Concierge Desk - the people there are just customer service reps that take notes of your requests and/or make those reservations that can be done in advance, but relay your all other requests to the actual concierge onboard for the embarkation day.

Edited by Demonyte

Either call 1-855-625-4283 or email NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com

Edit: Also, it's Pre-Cruise Concierge Desk - the people there are just customer service reps that take notes of your requests and/or make those reservations that can be done in advance, but relay your all other requests to the actual concierge onboard for the embarkation day.

Thank you very much! Going to do that today :D

I am on the Jewel on the 28th. Last night I was able to book all the restaurants I want, they all came up zero since I have UDP. It confirmed them all and never asked for credit card. So OBC will not work but UDP will. Just thought I would share that as wasn't clear to me I could reserve

Edited by calimn

I am on the Jewel on the 28th. Last night I was able to book all the restaurants I want, they all came up zero since I have UDP. It confirmed them all and never asked for credit card. So OBC will not work but UDP will. Just thought I would share that as wasn't clear to me I could reserve

I was wondering if the UDP allowed you to prebook! Thanks for chiming in!

If you really want to use OBC, but prebook for zero, buy the UDP for one person only pre-cruise and that person makes the reservations for the total number needed. Then buy the UDP for the others once onboard.

I thought about doing this, but Teppanyaki might be the only specialty restaurant we do, so probably wouldn't be worth the money for us to buy the UDP