Just a little annoyed with carnival .. Just a little :)

dogchopper

Ok, so I've been watching the cruise I want to take for a good deal.. This morning it dropped a good amount so I booked it .. (Carnival dream Yay)

So as I'm booking, right before the payment part it says, "Get $50.00 this cruise, apply for a carnival credit card". I say SWEET another 50 bucks off, I'll take it!

So I fill out the credit app, it says congratulations your approved, then says for me to continue on to booking.. So, I did assuming it was going to transfer my credit card info..NOPE. It asked me for my cc number, which I obviously do not have as of yet...

So, I call Barclays (who the credit card is thru) they say, "nope you can't use it until you get the card in the mail.... "

I call carnival and they say " oh there is an error that promotion is no longer available".

Now, that's aggravating. I know it's only 50 bucks but that's just not right!! I took a screen shot of the get 50 off the cruise offer link... I don't know who I should call to complain about this too... :mad:

image.jpg.d880c94f89c7621ec4e14cedcbbf2f06.jpg

Edited by dogchopper

You may get a $50 gift card from them, which you can use to apply to your S&S balance.

I got a similar email a while back, applied, was approved and received the card. My offer said I would receive a $75 gift card(which can be used to pay toward a cruise or S&S), which I did finally receive and I will use that on our upcoming cruise.

Do you need a number to call the credit card company? I'll see if I can find one in my paperwork.

You may get a $50 gift card from them, which you can use to apply to your S&S balance.

I got a similar email a while back, applied, was approved and received the card. My offer said I would receive a $75 gift card(which can be used to pay toward a cruise or S&S), which I did finally receive and I will use that on our upcoming cruise.

Do you need a number to call the credit card company? I'll see if I can find one in my paperwork.

No, I called them and they said NOPE not gonna happen ... It's frustrating ..

Now I'm even more than a little annoyed..

I've been on hold with carnival for 20 mins, they keep coming back and explaining how they admit the offer is no longer valid and that it is still on their website... They are gonna fix that, but that they will not honor it because it's the credit cards fault. They "cannot" give me OBC for it either. The credit card says they won't do anything about it because the offer is no longer valid.

I told the lady on the phone... If I was shopping in a store and an item had a sale tag on it and I went to pay for it and the sale was over, the store would honor that sale because the sign was still up. Somehow Carnival doesn't do that... .

I realize it's not a lot of money but it sure is aggravating ..

Poor customer service!

Barclays (Carnival Mastercard) should be the one to honor the $50. I would email their customer service and attach the screen shot. At this point, I think you would have more success with Barclays since it's really their promotion.

i dont have carnival credit card, but i am going to guess that carnival card works like other reward credit cards where you need to use the card first, earn the rewards points and then redeem the points from the credit card provider as statement credit or other credits from carnival as a gift from the credit card provider

I seen that credit card offer a few days when i booked my vista cruise and i remember in fine print it said something about statement credit

Like most things, I bet the devil's in the details. I'm sure there is a link on the offer to somewhere where the specific terms are stated and I bet there is a deadline in the terms and conditions that not in the headlines.

i dont have carnival credit card, but i am going to guess that carnival card works like other reward credit cards where you need to use the card first, earn the rewards points and then redeem the points from the credit card provider as statement credit or other credits from carnival as a gift from the credit card provider

I seen that credit card offer a few days when i booked my vista cruise and i remember in fine print it said something about statement credit

Yeah but the offer from the bank has expired and Carnival still has the offer listed on their site. Carnival's IT people don't seem to get the word when offers change/expire.

OP, I agree in this instance Carnival should step up and give you a $50 OBC for your spotting it. That alone should be worth $50 to them. After all, you're doing their job for them!

I did this years ago, and the $50 credit is on the Credit Card, so when you book the cruise, technically it is $50 off.... it's just $50 less on your bill (shown as credit).... I got the credit card number soon after applying in an email and was able to set up an account online.

That's how it was with me... So, I didn't care.

Edited by poison7fl

My husband says he is gonna call carnival when he gets home.. He seems to think he can get them to honor it.... Urg

I understand how you both feel, but don't let it become such a challenge that you ruin your trip. A few months ago a friend told us about a great resort in NH. It is all inclusive and a beautiful inn. I looked at the website and fell in love with it. I booked a room for us for a weekend stay - the total was on my receipt. The next day I was balancing my account and noticed that they charged $10 more than what was on the receipt. I got on my high horse (& boy did I). I wrote a scathing email about the practice of billing too much and that they needed to honor the price on my receipt. You can't imagine how quick they responded. The refunded me every penny I paid and they apologized and said that based on my email they were sure I would rather not stay there so they were "releasing me of my obligation"! I had to tell my husband why we weren't going. You should have seen his face when he asked how much extra they charged and I told him $10! I still haven't gotten up the courage to try to book again! A vacation is a big expense... don't let a fairly small amount become a challenge that takes away from the planning and fun of your vacation!

In the big picture it is no big deal. Focus on the the initial deal and enjoy your cruise.

You are right, I'm not gonna let it ruin my trip at all.. That's why I'm just 'a little annoyed '

I understand how you both feel, but don't let it become such a challenge that you ruin your trip. A few months ago a friend told us about a great resort in NH. It is all inclusive and a beautiful inn. I looked at the website and fell in love with it. I booked a room for us for a weekend stay - the total was on my receipt. The next day I was balancing my account and noticed that they charged $10 more than what was on the receipt. I got on my high horse (& boy did I). I wrote a scathing email about the practice of billing too much and that they needed to honor the price on my receipt. You can't imagine how quick they responded. The refunded me every penny I paid and they apologized and said that based on my email they were sure I would rather not stay there so they were "releasing me of my obligation"! I had to tell my husband why we weren't going. You should have seen his face when he asked how much extra they charged and I told him $10! I still haven't gotten up the courage to try to book again! A vacation is a big expense... don't let a fairly small amount become a challenge that takes away from the planning and fun of your vacation!

I'm laughing because I can see me doing the very same thing.. I'm like a dog with a bone!!

We fell for the same scam on their Black Friday sale. Signed up for the credit card and bought $2500 in gift cards so we could get free $500 in gift card bonuses. We ended up only getting $250 cards because the Barclays card had to come in the mail. Still better than nothing though. They emailed the gift cards 2 weeks later and we will use them on our S&S. You can not apply them to the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by pretzellover

You tried going through Carnival's channels and enough is enough.

It is time to go to the top.

If it was me, I would send an email to the ceo of CCL.

Is it still Gerry Cahill?

Give a quick history of you as a customer and throw in something you like about Carnival in a short paragraph.

Then tell what happened and stick to just the facts in the second paragraph.

In paragraph three tell how what happened has made you feel.

And finally tell them what you want to make you a happy customer again.

Keep it short and easy to read.

The thing is that someone is going to get your email on their desk.

If you can suggest something simple that will help them resolve your problem, then you are more likely to get a result that you will like.

It does not hurt to ask.

Edited by mzloolue

You tried going through Carnival's channels and enough is enough.

It is time to go to the top.

If it was me, I would send an email to the ceo of CCL.

Is it still Gerry Cahill?

Give a quick history of you as a customer and throw in something you like about Carnival in a short paragraph.

Then tell what happened and stick to just the facts in the second paragraph.

In paragraph three tell how what happened has made you feel.

And finally tell them what you want to make you a happy customer again.

Keep it short and easy to read.

The thing is that someone is going to get your email on their desk.

If you can suggest something simple that will help them resolve your problem, then you are more likely to get a result that you will like.

It does not hurt to ask.

I was planning on sending an email, but didn't think of sending it to the CEO .. Good idea ! I will work on that, thanks.

Edited by dogchopper