Help me help a friend Please

Cruisegirl6

Hello, I just got a phone call from a friend of mine who will be going on the Getaway in two weeks. She asked me about specialty dining etc and she asked me if I have copies of the MDR menu's so that she can choose which nights to go to the three specialty restaurants, I don't have copies but does anybody have copies of these dinner menu's or a link to give me so I can pass it onto her? Thank you.

The menus rotate and are not the same each cruise.

What was served on Tuesday this week might not be served on Tuesday next week.

Exactly this. Nobody here can realiably provide menus for planning purposes.

You can look at sample menus if they log on to their cruise in NCL.

You can also search on sample menus on NCL or search CC for more recent menus.

Nothing is for sure but your friend will get an idea of the overall menu choices which can change.

Hello, I just got a phone call from a friend of mine who will be going on the Getaway in two weeks. She asked me about specialty dining etc and she asked me if I have copies of the MDR menu's so that she can choose which nights to go to the three specialty restaurants, I don't have copies but does anybody have copies of these dinner menu's or a link to give me so I can pass it onto her? Thank you.

A lot of what you are asking is explained in this thread you started asking the same thing about Breakaway.

1 - Menus will and do change.

2 - The "mood" your friend will be in to eat certain things will change. Ever sit at dinner with folks and watch them change their menu choice from fish to steak to pasta all in 5 minutes? LOL!

3 - You can help us help you to help your friend by being more descriptive in the title with something like " Menus from Getaway" or something like that

4 - Your friend could learn a TON by logging in here and reading. Guessing the friend does not do internet?

Just so you know yes I am very forgetful, I have multiple syndromes and illnesses that make it normal for me to get forgetful, the reason why I am unable to work, I am disabled permanently. So maybe now those who are rude to me can just be a bit understanding and if you have problems reading my posts its easy solution, skip over them. Yes, I have previously asked for the menu's of the Breakway now I was asking for the Getaway, two different ships and I am not an avid NCL cruiser so I am unaware of whether there is a pattern in menu's from ship to ship. LrgPizza was nice enough to give me the link to his/her review but I didn't find all 7 menu's there.

My friend actually is a distant cousin she simply asked me about the ship and I mentioned to try some of the specialty restaurants and that is how it was brought up whether I had the copies to the menu.

Please be kind to people, life is too short one never knows what tomorrow brings...Then there is karma to think about. Be kind not evil.

HelloGaryCarla thank you, she is not a member of cruise critic but I call her later today and mention it be helpful if she join. Much thanks.

Edited by lyndamr

Hello, I just got a phone call from a friend of mine who will be going on the Getaway in two weeks. ... Thank you.

Wow, I'm surprised at some of the responses. It never hurts to ask. This community has such knowledgeable cruisers, and IMHO information sharing is one of the best attributes of the cruise critic forums.

Megacruiser currently has a great thread going with many pictures and menus from his recent Getaway cruise. You and your friend may both enjoy his comments and photos. While the menus may not be the same, it's still a wonderful read. I think this is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2171334

Hope your friends enjoy their cruise!

Edited by slc22
Add link

I think your friend should first think of coordinating the speciality dining with the shows he/she would like to see, not MDR. Plus, some people like O Sheehans which has prime rib some nights. At least 1.5 hrs is needed at any speciality.

Wow, I'm surprised at some of the responses. It never hurts to ask. This community has such knowledgeable cruisers, and IMHO information sharing is one of the best attributes of the cruise ...

You are right. It never hurts to ask. I think it gets frustrating when people take the time to nicely and thoroughly answer a question, only to have the same poster ignore the answers and re-ask the exact same question in a different thread.