Triumph 10 and 11 day-any reviews?

sewut

I'm looking for reviews of the new Triumph itineraries, 10 or 11 day to/from San Juan. Have any been posted yet?

We did the 10 day February 20th leaving from San Juan & returning to Galveston. We went to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Kitts, St. Croix & Jamaica.

It was a great cruise with wonderful weather & we did what has probably been my favorite excursion ever in St Kitts with Royston.

The Dr. Suess breakfast was great & the comedians were really funny!

I have sorted & downloaded all my pics & if I can get caught up I will do a review.

Juli

Also took Feb 20th out of San Juan. Have been to St Thos, St Maarten, Antigua, St Kitts, St Croix all before, recommend all of them. Never been to Falmouth, Jamaica. Heard tons of bad things - murdered soon as you step off the ship, etc. Walked to Burwood beach and back, no problems, everybody "ya mon", same as any other port. For what it's worth.

Ship staff all friendly and helpful, no complaints about anything.

I did the same San Juan-Galveston segment that Cool Breeze Cruiser and Lard Greystoke were on. I wonder if we met? :)

It was a wonderful journey. Three of the ports were new for me (Antigua, St. Croix, and Falmouth). They each had their charms. I expected bad things from Falmouth based on the many people here who had disappointing experiences in Jamaica. I enjoyed my time there. My tour even took us to Ocho Rios and the people I met there were fine.

We had about 1200 people do the B2B. The CD noted that this was a Carnival record. There were 2300 people overall on the ship. The Triumph's double-occupancy capacity was 2800, so we either had a lot of solos (they were discounted heavily to them), they sailed with a bunch of empty cabins, or both. Only 40 ankle biters (my previous cruise on the Conquest had 150, and I thought that was low).

The average age I would estimate was somewhere in the 50s. They were generally a sedate, well-behaved, experienced group.

I'm sure more reviews will pop up at the usual sources in the next week or two. All I can say is I'm spoiled for longer cruises and would like to take as many as possible.

Thanks for the replies, I'll keep my eyes open for reviews. Wow, 1200 B2Bers. That would take awhile to do. I wonder if they all got free drinks, and fruit baskets.