Labadee Cabana Nellies Upgraded Buffet

zjc

The cabanas on Nellie's beach are not restricted to suite guests, they are available to all. Unless something has changed recently, I believe you have to reserve on board with the Shore Excursions people.

Thank you Clarea, first stop onboard will be the Shore Excursions!!

We were in an OTW Nellies Cabana on March 19, and we were given gold wristbands - allowing access to the Barefoot buffet line.

To us, it's not the food (the shrimp kabobs were cold when I went), but it's the smaller lines which are the best feature!

I agree the smaller crowd is the appeal. We had an OTW at Nellie's in January and also got the wristbands.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

We had a BB cabana two weeks ago and it was outstanding. We had one three years ago, also. Three years ago I would say the buffet was much better than this year.

I have no idea what the "non-gold card" buffet looks like, but this year there were no lobster skewers. There was shrimp and chicken skewers, which were very good. There was a ton of other items plus hamburgers, hot dogs, jerk chicken, and really good steaks; which I put on a hamburger bun and made a steak sandwich (or two). Our reservation said 6-7 in a cabana probably because one was four years old.

It did seem the line for the buffet was longer so that could have been because they brought Nellie's cabana's guest over or because we were on the Oasis.

My understanding was if you booked a Nellie's cabana prior to the rule change then you still had access to the BB buffet. If you booked after the rule change then you didn't get to come to the BB side.

We've been on Barefoot Beach twice in the last two years (Jan 2014 & 2015) and the buffet was a huge upgrade over their regular buffet. Both times, people came over from Nellies Beach in a group for lunch. At the time I had no idea if they were in cabanas or not.

I think slowly the Nellie's beach cabana people will filter out from being allowed over to BB.

We had booked two Nellie's cabanas almost a year before sailing just to make sure we had cabanas. At the time, we were "grandfathered" in for the BB buffet, but I got an Email later telling me that anybody who booked a Nellie's after a certain date was no longer allowed to BB.

Once the concierge contacted us and confirmed we had BB cabanas I canceled the Nellie's cabanas.

It seems now none of the cabanas are available to book prior to sailing.

Just returned from sailing Liberty this past Saturday. I don't think we had any Nellie's Beach people at the BB buffet. Food was the usual plus shrimp/fish/veggie (peppers and onion) skewers. It was WONDERFULLY quiet with only our ship in port that day. A vast improvement over 3 years ago when we had Enchantment joining Liberty at Labadee and it just felt way too overcrowded.

Just returned from sailing Liberty this past Saturday. I don't think we had any Nellie's Beach people at the BB buffet. Food was the usual plus shrimp/fish/veggie (peppers and onion) skewers. It was WONDERFULLY quiet with only our ship in port that day. A vast improvement over 3 years ago when we had Enchantment joining Liberty at Labadee and it just felt way too overcrowded.

We were on the same sailing and booked an over the water cabana on Nellie's Beach. We could not book it online but had no problem booking it on board. The cost was $255.75 for over the water and $235 for the cabanas on the beach.

No upgraded buffet for us.