March 7th getaway trouble

mbollman

We are on the boat right now for the March 7th cruise and are now pulling back into Miami. Apparently a sail boat came to close to the ship and they are concerned about possible prop damage from having to divert and get close to the river bank.

What happens if the ship is unable to sail? I assume full refund, but I've never been in this situation before.

I hope everything is okay and that you can enjoy the rest of your vacation!

We are on the boat right now for the March 7th cruise and are now pulling back into Miami. Apparently a sail boat came to close to the ship and they are concerned about possible prop damage from having to divert and get close to the river bank.

What happens if the ship is unable to sail? I assume full refund, but I've never been in this situation before.

If anything you'd be looking at a modified itinerary once the ship gets back underway. I'm sure you'll be leaving port but the question becomes when, not if you'll be leaving. Expect compensation in the form of refunded port charges for the cancelled port to be credited to your on board account.

I have a friend on the sailing as well. Make the most of it OP. :)

If you saw the getaway leave then you are seeing ghosts my friend. I am sitting on my balcony on the ship staring at Miami and your balcony...

LOL...ahhhhh, Altarr you crack me up.

We just arrived home, today, from two weeks on the Getaway and last week they were having problems with one of the generators. I know this because I approached one of the officers and asked what was going on.The ship was running at slows speeds and arrived, yesterday, at Nassau later than scheduled.

I feel terrible for you and the other passengers. Not a great way to start a cruise. My experience with cruise lines is they become very stingy with explanations when these things happen. Communication becomes strained, while management regroups and prepares for the worst case scenario which always, in their books, centres on the refund scenario.

At any rate, I really hope whatever is causing the delay is fixed as soon as possible and you are all on your way! In the meantime, continue to take full advantage of the UBP! Bottoms up! Oops, that sounds like some navigational curse! I mean, cheers!