Disney cruiseline for teenagers

jamandamn14

I think the teen program for teens is great.

They have their own club, called the stack. Kids love it because the only adults allowed are the teen counselors. They have their own arcade in the club too. They have music, pizza parties, popular music and movies. They have games to help them get aquainted, a coffee bar, and their own excursions at most of the ports. They can even eat together if they dont want to eat with their parents in the main dining rooms. They do have different structered events for the kids too, but they are optional. Mostly the younger teens attend those, the older ones seem to like to just hang out with music, pizza and gossiping with other teens, the way only teens can do.

It is a well supervised club, so not to worry.

I have read probably 45 to 50 posts on this subject and only found 2 where their kids were not happy with it. The others were thrilled. Our grandaughter is a teen and she cant wait to go on her second cruise just so she can "Hang in the stack" with the other teens.

mom x4,grandma x4

I forgot to mention that most teens connect with other teens ahead of time so they know some other teens on their cruise ahead of time. Yhis makes it much easier to make friends. A very busy site for this is www.dcltribute.com

Once there go to cruise meets and look up your cruise date and do a post there for teens on your cruise to e-mail you and make friends. if you can find a thread for your cruise (very unlikely), start one of your own and ask about teens on board. This is really great.

Evevn though the ship is Disney the teens club is not filled with Mickey mouse stuff, it is themed for teens.

mom x4,grandma x4

The teen club and Stack activities are only for 13-17 yr olds, divided into 2 age groups. Even when there is no scheduled activity and the kids are just hanging out in the Stack, my daughter said that the older ones mostly stayed in one room, with the younger ones in another. Both rooms were supervised all the time by counsellors.

On the second repo cruise the Navigator listed a nightly event for 18-25 yr olds for the first several days, then changed to "College Club Social Hour" geared to 18-21 yr olds.

Archived