Best way to "snag" a particular cabin

karen_g

I think that you have just guaranteed that there will be a HUGE line up of folks also trying to "snag" E729 at 12:01 on March 12 !!!! :) :) ;) :p

...VTX-AL

It was actually a "well thought" diversion! :D

I have the same equivelent mini booked on my cruise next month on the Ruby E731....It is the best mini onboard. When I first booked the cruise it was not available, but it appeared as available a couple of months later, so I called my TA and had her snag it for me. So if you don't get a certain cabin at first booking...keep checking available cabins on line. A lot of people use their FCC to secure a certain cabin on a cruise they are just considering, then drop out before actual payment is due.

Speaking to Princess today I was told that bookings open on the 19th at 3pm here in the UK to coincide with USA opening. The USA time will vary depending on which state you are in.

I have found that you tend to have better luck speaking to Princess than going through their website.

Good luck, hope you get the cabin you want.

If you have a TA that you've been working with in the past (and have thrown them a lot of business too)' date=' maybe the TA can help you out.[/quote']

Agree with Patty!

Our TA has actually done this for us! :)

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

If you want a specific cabin call at 8:00 a.m. PDT on the day the cruises go on sale. It does no good the call before then because the cabins will not be available for sale. We did that for the Royal Maiden TA and I was able to reserve exactly the cabin I wanted. There is only one E729 on the Grand so you will need to be lucky. After we had the cabin booked we transferred the booking to our TA.

Well, I didn't say which sailing... But: que sera, sera!

Karen .... even if the desired cabin is booked, book an equal one and keep watching.

On our cruise for this summer both the port and the starboard end cabins have been booked, then open, then booked etc. Just because it is booked now, doesn't mean it won't be available for you. Sometimes a cabin is held for 24 hours - if that person changes their mind, then it will be released back into open cabins.

I thought the Grand Princess not the Golden was doing next years 10 days out of San Francisco. We loved the Grand in 2013. We had Cabin E725. So nice and quiet (no noise from Club Fusion below). So nice to have a completely covered balcony too.

E729 would be the same as E725. E729 just would have a larger balcony .. here's my video of the cabin E725 on the Grand:

Edited by MilliesMom

Also be sure to have them tagged your reservation with Do not change, do not upgrade .... otherwise you could end up with another mini-suite on another deck by the time you cruise.

We do that to guarantee we get and keep the covered balcony mini-suite.

I have the same equivelent mini booked on my cruise next month on the Ruby E731....It is the best mini onboard. When I first booked the cruise it was not available, but it appeared as available a couple of months later, so I called my TA and had her snag it for me. So if you don't get a certain cabin at first booking...keep checking available cabins on line. A lot of people use their FCC to secure a certain cabin on a cruise they are just considering, then drop out before actual payment is due.

About 5 weeks before sailing from LA RT Pacific Coastal, we were not certain we had secured dog boarding...since no flying it was possible to reserve late. For months, the covered minis on Emerald Deck were all gone but on the day I finally reserved, E724 popped up....could not believe it! Called right away & got it ......my guess, someone upgraded to a Suite & this one became available!

About 5 weeks before sailing from LA RT Pacific Coastal, we were not certain we had secured dog boarding...since no flying it was possible to reserve late. For months, the covered minis on Emerald Deck were all gone but on the day I finally reserved, E724 popped up....could not believe it! Called right away & got it ......my guess, someone upgraded to a Suite & this one became available!

It was meant to be .... have a wonderful cruise. We loved the mini-suites on the Emerald Deck. They are our first choices too.

SNAGGED IT!!!

Thanks so much to everyone who gave me such great advice!

In the end, I chose a different ship (Ruby), but got the equivalent Mini (731) just as soon as bookings opened this morning. I am happy, happy, happy!

: )

SNAGGED IT!!!

Thanks so much to everyone who gave me such great advice!

In the end, I chose a different ship (Ruby), but got the equivalent Mini (731) just as soon as bookings opened this morning. I am happy, happy, happy!

: )

Congrats! Got my Vista Suite on the Ruby this morning, too-- AFT D736. Been in it twice before, on both the Grand and the Golden; best cabin ever!!

A happy day for many of us----

[quote name='karen_g']I am trying to get E729, the very end mini-suite on Emerald deck. So, pretty unique. If bookings open on March 19th (which is what I have heard also), does that mean that I can get online at 12:01 am that day (before travel agents are at work), and it should (in theory) be there?[/QUOTE]

We stayed in that mini before and there was a camera on the balcony. We thought that odd. We moved the camera as we were feeling like we were being watched. The balcony is very nice and covered.