I did a search,,,,allowed to bring on....

veggie59

I came up with nothing on a search. ,,,which is odd as I am sure it has been addressed a zillion times.. It has been over 3 years since we sailed and I don't known if rules have changed.

Is any liquor allowed to be brought on the ship WITHOUT a charge?? How about water or other beverages?? I know on Princess we were allowed to years ago.

Thanks. :)

I came up with nothing on a search. ,,,which is odd as I am sure it has been addressed a zillion times.. It has been over 3 years since we sailed and I don't known if rules have changed.

Is any liquor allowed to be brought on the ship WITHOUT a charge?? How about water or other beverages?? I know on Princess we were allowed to years ago.

No beer or hard liquor may be brought on board; wine may be brought on board, but there will be a corkage fee of $15.00 per bottle. Water & soda may be brought on board with NO CHARGE.

No, absolutely no alcohol beverages are allowed without a charge - you can bring only wine and at boarding you need to pay $15 per 750ml bottle regardless of where you are going to consume it.

Non-alcoholic beverages are fine, bring as much as you like.

You could always do the old ' vodka in the mouthwash bottle trick'... I "heard" it work great :D:D:D

lol......don't want to have to go to the naughty room. Hubby forgot he had a bottle of wine he was bringing and did have it in his carry on. It went through the scanner and they pulled him aside. I Laughed. :)

Edited by veggie59

None of the mass marketed lines allow liquor to be brought on anymore and as far as I know, they are all very strict about it. NCL allows wine, but you do have to pay a $15 corkage fee upon boarding the ship regardless where you drink it. Other lines will allow you to bring wine on and not charge you upon boarding, but they have higher corkage fees and some only allow 1 bottle.

You can bring on all the water and soda you want; no charge.

None of the mass marketed lines allow liquor to be brought on anymore and as far as I know, they are all very strict about it.

Disney Cruise Line allows bringing any alcohol as long as it fits in the carry-on.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/preparing-for-your-cruise/alcohol-onboard-policy/

Disney Cruise Line allows bringing any alcohol as long as it fits in the carry-on.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/preparing-for-your-cruise/alcohol-onboard-policy/

The carry on part must be new. We used to just slap a luggage tag on our cases of beer, and the porter would take them away. Ha!

RCCL, Celebrity and NCL only charge corkage if you take it to the dining room. Last March on RCCL we bought 6 bottles of rum in Nassau and they did not take them when boarding.

That is incorrect for NCL. It doesn't matter where you consume your wine you will be charged the corkage fee.

That is incorrect for NCL. It doesn't matter where you consume your wine you will be charged the corkage fee.

I thought it was once you pay the corkage fee at the port where you are embarking at, that was it and you can consume it anywhere on a NCL ship.

You are correct. I should have said HAL. I haven't done NCL yet. 12 days. Sorry about that. Confusing my cruise lines. Gotta post before the wine.

I have no idea why, but last August we carried on two bottles of wine in our carry-on and they did not charge us. We did drink it in our cabin.

While it shouldn't, that happens sometimes because of human errors. We too have gotten wine bottles to the ship without paying corkage - we consumed most of them in restaurants so we got charged corkage there, no problem.

Edited by Demonyte

I and family members have often brought wine on board without paying a fee. We were prepared to because it was very good wine and the price onshore plus the fee would still be much less than it would be on board, assuming you could get that particular bottle at all. But, it just never happened; we walked through the scanners, picked up our bags and off we went. When you board the ship for the first time, in NYC for instance, the people manning the scanners are port terminal employees and the security personnel are from a bi-state agency called the Waterfront Commission of NY & NJ. They aren't ship employees and are less concerned about NCL's profit from a bottle of vino or two than they are about a loaded Smith and Wesson. A lot of different lines come to NY harbor and these guys aren't going to memorize each lines policy. NCL could sail at 2 and Carnival at 3. When you board the ship during the voyage the ship's staff are running the X-ray machines that they do care about the booze, and that's a whole different story. Bottom line: worst case you get hit with the fee or they will take the bottle and give it back to you later.