Efficiency of Embarkation at Southampton

tring

We are embarking Oriana at Ocean Terminal next Tuesday (17th March).

We are likely to arrive very early at the port because of transport arrangements, (just after Midday), but our tickets give an embarkation time of 2.45pm. We have always been able to get on P&O ships very early and have lunch onboard, until last time we sailed with them. On that occasion, there was a very long delay before we were onboard Oceana. I think it was even later than the embarkation time we were given. We are Mediterranean loyalty club members so would not qualify for priority embarkation.

Can anyone tell me how speedy the embarkation procedure usually is now?

We are also on this cruise and our time is 1pm. As our coach doesn't arrive until 2pm we obviously won't board then.

As most people will be arriving by coach, plane, or train I would imagine everyone is just processed as and when they turn up.

Being early you may miss the queues.

Edited by happy v

We went on this cruise last March and it was fabulous, If you have Captain Robert Camby you are in for a treat, best Captain we have sailed with. Here's hoping you see the Northern Lights. we were lucky and saw them two night running. :):)

We went on this cruise last March and it was fabulous, If you have Captain Robert Camby you are in for a treat, best Captain we have sailed with. Here's hoping you see the Northern Lights. we were lucky and saw them two night running. :):)

That would do nicely!