Laundry question!

PoohUnderstands

I shudder to think about the response I would get from my spouse if I asked her to do laundry while on a cruise.:eek:

Hubby doesn't ask me to do it. :D I like to do my own laundry (read: undies and socks).:) As I stated earlier in this thread, we do send clothing to the dry cleaning on board.:):)

I still have some 3 in 1 sheets left from last cruise and they are still in good shape. Can't find them locally anymore.:(

Noticed on a thread that the Royal uses cruise card to pay for doing laundry for the washers and dryers.

Anyone just off the Star Princess, please. Do I need to bring quarters, or does the Star use one's cruise card also? Thanks for the input!

Pooh

Same question for Diamond Princess. Since it was recently in dry dock, I was hoping this was installed. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks!

Since the Grand is an older ship, I'm thinking it still has machines that take coins? Anyone know?

I as on the Grand in December and it still took coins. They had a change machine in the laundry room. It could have changed since then.

I get free laundry, but it was taking 3 days to get laundry back, so I ended up just doing some of my own. I bring pods and quarters.

Has the Caribbean Princess been converted to tokens and do you swipe your cruise card to get the tokens? I think I may have read conflicting reports.

Thanks,

Just off Caribbean Princess and they have the ship swipe card for coins that was displayed earlier.

We will be on the Island at the end of the week. I have pods and quarters but if someone can tell me what the ship uses now, it just might same me a few things to have to pack...pods and quarters that is!

We just got off the Island on the 6th. The cost to wash and dry was $2 each, and they still used quarters. Definitely bring your own soap and dryer sheets. You can get quarters at the Passenger Services desk.