Thoughts on NCL MDR food?

DreamingBig1

No matter what line I've been on, most of the times I've been truly disappointed were really because what I ordered wasn't what I thought it was going to be.

For example, (I don't remember which cruise - either NCL, CCL or RCCL) I ordered beef lasagna. Now, when I make beef lasagna, it includes lots of ricotta cheese with some hamburger in it. (I'm sure there are as many recipes as there are people making lasagna).

What I got was, essentially, loose meatloaf sandwiched top and bottom between lasagna noodles, with some cheese on top. Not what I expected. Not that it was bad, just not at all what I had in mind.

You did! I'd have to be prepping for my husband's tempter tantrum had they no spinkles!

I know the enjoyment of sprinkles is absolutely ridiculous but , no respectful person eats a soft serve cone without sprinkles, LOL. The one thing that did irritate me was that there was the bracket for the swirl ice cream but it never worked. Whichever line can manage to get the swirl and sprinkles, has my vote ... all the way, LOL.

Someone did mention the Indian food on NCL... it is absolutely amazing!!!!!! CCL, not so much.

and most importantly NCL has better ice cream, because they give you sprinkles, LOL.

Even better than sprinkles, on the Sun a couple of years ago at the Sprinkles ICE Cream Bar located at the entrance to the buffet had fondue chocolate they would pour over the soft serve if you asked. It made a chocolate hard shell was was just killer.

Edited by drvalo

I know the enjoyment of sprinkles is absolutely ridiculous but , no respectful person eats a soft serve cone without sprinkles, LOL. The one thing that did irritate me was that there was the bracket for the swirl ice cream but it never worked. Whichever line can manage to get the swirl and sprinkles, has my vote ... all the way, LOL.

Someone did mention the Indian food on NCL... it is absolutely amazing!!!!!! CCL, not so much.

Being somewhat of a curry aficionado, I can recommend the curries in the Asian section of the buffet. They have always been suitably (but not overly) spiced and with some decent accompaniments.

The stir-fry stuff is also good and freshly cooked as well.

Even better than sprinkles, on the Sun a couple of years ago at the Sprinkles ICE Cream Bar located at the entrance to the buffet had fondue chocolate they would pour over the soft serve if you asked. It made a chocolate hard shell was was just killer.

Now that just made me melt.... I was booked on the Sun for our Alaska cruise and I ended up switching to the Jewel for cost purposes, had I known.... LOL.

I really don't book because of the food, but it definitely does help make the decision so much easier.