Ultimate Drink Package on Oasis.

1st time Cruiser.

I am planning on purchasing the Ultimate Beverage package for Oasis.

Could someone tell me if this package actually does include "virtually everything" as RC's website claims.

I have seen some posts from others who say there are charges over and beyond what is covered. If so, seems a little misleading, no?

Also, it is a fact that if we wait until boarding to purchase this, is it more expensive than if per-purchasing on line?

Thanks in advance for comments.;)

Edited by refPete

1st time Cruiser.

I am planning on purchasing the Ultimate Beverage package for Oasis.

Could someone tell me if this package actually does include "virtually everything" as RC's website claims.

I have seen some posts from others who say there are charges over and beyond what is covered. If so, seems a little misleading, no?

Also, it is a fact that if we wait until boarding to purchase this, is it more expensive than if per-purchasing on line?

Thanks in advance for comments.;)

The package includes glasses of wine and cocktails up to $12. One or more beers are not included. One beer that is not included is the 750ml Chimay.

Same price before or on the cruise.

Edited by clarea

I see you are a fellow Canadian - so for us it depends.

Did you book your cruise in US $ - then yes the price would be the same.

But if you're like us and booked your cruise in Canadian $ then the pricing will be different. Anything you buy ahead of time online will be based in Cdn $ and anything you buy on the ship will be in US $.

We are cruising next week and my DH decided on Sunday he would like the drink package. To buy it online it is $70/day CDN plus 18% gratuity, to buy it on the ship it is $49/day US plus gratuity. The exchange is killing us.

However, RC is still selling OBC at a rate of $1.10 CDN for for every $1 USD. Long story short - I purchased a large enough OBC so that on day 1 of the cruise my DH can stand in line and buy the drink package @ $49 US/day - quite a bit of savings.

Hope this helps and that I didn't confuse you more.

The package includes glasses of wine and cocktails up to $12. One or more beers are not included. One beer that is not included is the 750ml Chimay.

Thanks Bob,

Are you aware of many drinks that go over the $12 per. Besides I am sure some cognacs or 15+ yr old Scotch?

Also, is the 18% gratuity figured into that drink price already?

Not nickle and dimming, just trying to get an idea of what expenses to expect on last day.

Thanks again.

For some reason, on the Navigator March 2014, Guiness was not part of the pkg. But in March 2013 on the Mariner, Guiness was included. Things change from year to year and perhaps ship to ship. Odd as it sounds.

Thanks Bob,

Are you aware of many drinks that go over the $12 per. Besides I am sure some cognacs or 15+ yr old Scotch?

Also, is the 18% gratuity figured into that drink price already?

Not nickle and dimming, just trying to get an idea of what expenses to expect on last day.

Thanks again.

The $12 limit refers to prices before the 18% gratuity is added. In other words, if a drink is $12 + 18%, it is included in the package.

But if you're like us and booked your cruise in Canadian $ then the pricing will be different. Anything you buy ahead of time online will be based in Cdn $ and anything you buy on the ship will be in US $.

We are cruising next week and my DH decided on Sunday he would like the drink package. To buy it online it is $70/day CDN plus 18% gratuity, to buy it on the ship it is $49/day US plus gratuity. The exchange is killing us.

However, RC is still selling OBC at a rate of $1.10 CDN for for every $1 USD. Long story short - I purchased a large enough OBC so that on day 1 of the cruise my DH can stand in line and buy the drink package @ $49 US/day - quite a bit of savings.

Hope this helps and that I didn't confuse you more.[/quot

Hello, Yes, another Canadian :cool:

We are sailing in April. Can't come soon enough,,lol

I did book online through RC's site. All prices were converted to Cdn. And last time I looked, I saw the Ultimate at $67cdn.

We have $200 on board credit. I was assuming this is in Cdn $$ also?? Either way, I will use the OBC to apply against the drink package.

If they are giving a rate at $1.10 per, that is a great deal.

Don't plan on getting overly inebriated every day (maybe once or twice,,lol), but I find vacationing in warm climates, it is quite easy to indulge more than normally would.

Thanks for the info.

Have a great cruise!

Hope this helps and that I didn't confuse you more.

Thanks for the info.

Silly question, but could I ask how you go about purchasing OBC?

Like RefPete stated, they say on RCCL that the ultimate drink package includes virtually everything, Cocktails up to a $12 charge (they add the 18% into the final package price so you dont have to tip separately) unless you feel they deserve more then the 18% as tips are included in all prices (did not know that my first cruise and was known as Mr Overtipper. But here is my question regarding this package. It says it all of the premium package and the royal replenish package, including premium coffee. Is Starbucks considered premium coffee or does RCCL have Starbucks in another category like super premium coffee and you have to pay for it additional to the drink package? Also I heard to use the special Coke refill machines you have to use the Souvenir cup they give you?

The $12 maximum rule applies generally to wine by the glass. There are many cocktail options which are priced a few dollars higher than $12 (premium scotches, etc) and those are included as well. It's best just to ask.

Like RefPete stated, they say on RCCL that the ultimate drink package includes virtually everything, Cocktails up to a $12 charge (they add the 18% into the final package price so you dont have to tip separately) unless you feel they deserve more then the 18% as tips are included in all prices (did not know that my first cruise and was known as Mr Overtipper. But here is my question regarding this package. It says it all of the premium package and the royal replenish package, including premium coffee. Is Starbucks considered premium coffee or does RCCL have Starbucks in another category like super premium coffee and you have to pay for it additional to the drink package? Also I heard to use the special Coke refill machines you have to use the Souvenir cup they give you?

Hi - Starbucks is not included in any package. It is a separate "entity" on the ship, though you still pay with your SetSail pass. AND you can use Starbucks gift cards too.

Yes, you do have to use the souvenir glass that comes with select beverage packages with the Freestyle machines. They have RF chips in the base of the mugs that activate the machines. You cannot use these without an active-subscription mug (old mugs won't work, of course.)

Edited by marklodi

Thanks for the info.

Silly question, but could I ask how you go about purchasing OBC?

Not a silly question - call their gifts and gear number 1-800-722-4553 and ask to buy an OBC. Also ask what their exchange is, as of this last Sunday (Mar8) it was 1.10. You can't buy more than $499 on the phone but you can call twice and make two separate purchases. I bought $499 and it cost me $548. So on board my DH will have enough to buy the $49/day package and leave some left over. He'll have to wait in line but for the difference in price it's more than worth it.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

You can still order soda from the bar, if you forget your refillable cup. We do this package every time we cruise and drink a variety of great beers in the Globe & Atlas Bar and a wide range of wines in Vintages. I am very satisfied with the range of drinks offered, incl. frozen drinks etc... Plus I usually get bottles of water from the bar for the room (included)

Not a silly question - call their gifts and gear number 1-800-722-4553 and ask to buy an OBC. Also ask what their exchange is, as of this last Sunday (Mar8) it was 1.10. You can't buy more than $499 on the phone but you can call twice and make two separate purchases. I bought $499 and it cost me $548. So on board my DH will have enough to buy the $49/day package and leave some left over. He'll have to wait in line but for the difference in price it's more than worth it.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Thanks again for the info.

Does the OBC have to be used the 1st day, or can you wait a day before purchasing the Drink package and apply it at that time?

Does the OBC have to be used the 1st day, or can you wait a day before purchasing the Drink package and apply it at that time?

Hi Again,

Just called Gifts+Gear. Th exch rate is still at 1.10! A little loop hole there eh?

They also told me that you can go to any bar on the ship to purchase your Drink package and the OBC will be applied towards that! I am hoping this is true and no need to stand in line 1st day.

There is a 4 day minimum (assuming a 7 day cruise). So you can wait until day 3 if you want. The OBC will be refunded at the end of the cruise if you don't use it.

You can use it any day and any unused OBC you will get back at the end of your cruise. I'll let you know how my DH makes out, we board Saturday. He said he may wait until day 2 to purchase.