NCL Drug bust Tampa FL

leela8

Definitely not the usual crew from Indonesia and the Philippines.

Most likely Honduran, hence the connections in both Roatan and the US.

I work in the shipping industry I've never seen rough characters such as these on the worst tubs we load

*Living large one week at a time*

Seriously? They could be crew on any ship anywhere. I've seen this and worse on US flag ships. 40 years of dealing with crew, and these guys look like Sunday school.

It was also interesting in Cozumel. All passengers were funneled down to a single exit onto the pier area and armed police were there with drug dogs. All backpacks, large bags, etc were thoroughly being checked by the dogs.

Funniest post yet.....

Mexico police concerned about people smuggling drugs INTO Mexico. ha ha ha ha :eek:

Most likely Honduran, hence the connections in both Roatan and the US.

Seriously? They could be crew on any ship anywhere. I've seen this and worse on US flag ships. 40 years of dealing with crew, and these guys look like Sunday school.

Ya, well my dog is bigger than your dog. My dad could beat up your dad, my trucks bigger[emoji12]

*Living large one week at a time*

Finding humor in the circumstances surrounding a crime isn't the same as approving of the crime.

From what I can tell, these are American citizens who weren't being "foolish" -- they were committing crimes. Stupidly brazen crimes, for which they will now face the consequences. Arrest in Florida is far preferable to what might have happened to them if arrested in other ports.

Can you provide a link to their citizenship? Very few crew, particularly in the galley staff, are US citizens.

It was also interesting in Cozumel. All passengers were funneled down to a single exit onto the pier area and armed police were there with drug dogs. All backpacks, large bags, etc were thoroughly being checked by the dogs.

Funniest post yet.....

Mexico police concerned about people smuggling drugs INTO Mexico. ha ha ha ha

Not all scent dogs are looking for drugs. There are dogs that look for money, too. The kind of money that would buy kilos of cocaine :)

Can you provide a link to their citizenship? Very few crew, particularly in the galley staff, are US citizens.

As best I could make out from the limited arrest info out there, three of them are from St. Lucia, Grenada and Guyana, respectively and a couple aren't listed as being from anywhere. So I was wrong - not Americans.