Breeze pull out sofa

hartskys

We are taking my MIL (who is 84) on the Breeze next month. We currently have a room that has 2 twin beds that my husband will push together and a pull out sofa for my MIL. I'm concerned that it won't be comfortable for her. Would love to hear some reviews of anyone that has used one.

We have had some in hotels that were horrible.

You can go into your reservation online and change the bed to king and then it will be made up that way by your steward.

The sofa is a single bed and not a pullout. My mom always sleeps on it and it is just the Sam as the other beds.

Thanks so much everyone - you took a lot of stress off of me. I've been so worried about it for over a week now. I told my husband we would just sleep separate and I would sleep on the couch and we would keep the two twin beds separate. We really want to make this cruise special for her so she is our #1 priority. Thanks again :):)

I have been in a sofabed 4 times, one of those was on the Breeze. It was very hard! But so are the regular beds. When this ship was built, all beds were like rocks. Any beds that have been changed out since then could have medium-to-firm mattresses. I slept on top of the comforter, which really helped a lot. Just keep the room warm enough that a sheet is all you need. I used to sleep like a baby on Carnival, but then I started getting their new hard beds. Before the switch, the sofabed was very comfortable, just as good as the regular beds.

Here is our room from the Breeze:

P1080504_zpsbf179674.jpg

We were on the Breeze in December and as usual my DS14 slept on the sofa bed. I requested that our room steward take one of the comforter pieces and put it under the bottom sheet. This gave just a bit more padding.

Yes, I like that idea. I will definitely be finding our steward as soon as we get to our room to see what we can set up. Definitely feel much better knowing it's an actual mattress and not just a pad like a pullout has.

That's what we were thinking too but isn't it the same thing as the twins?

It's basically the same. The sofabed is the same size as a twin. It just sits a few inches lower. The firmness will be about the same. The only real difference is the stigma.

If your MIL does end up sleeping on the sofa bed, I would definitely take the tips everyone has offered here to make her sleep more comfortable.

'

I've slept on the "sofa bed" many cruises because we usually have 3or4 of us in a room. With that said, I sincerely disagree that the sofa bed is comparable to the same comfort of the actual twin beds. I've been on the Breeze 5 times so I can attest to my personal experience of this. It's definitely more firmer/harder and doesn't have a mattress feel at all to me.

As someone else mentioned, I would request the twin beds not be pushed together and have your MIL sleep on one of those. Of course, this can be a lot of worry for nothing, you can decide this when you're on the ship. The good thing is you have options. No matter where your MIL does sleep, I have no doubt she will have a very enjoyable cruise.

I will definitely take everyone's ideas with us. We will see how it is when we get there and keep the twin beds separate at first. If the sofa is ok then we will just push the beds together - if not we will have her sleep in one of the twins and I will sleep on the sofa - no matter what we are so excited for this cruise with her and I know we will have a great time. :)