My Quantum Dinner Reservations Disappeared

Has this happened to anyone else. I made my dinner reservations in June and just went on to my profile to find there gone. I called and am told there are very few reservations left and those are all after 9.

Anyone have this happen?

Unfortunately, if you do a search, you're going to see quite a few people have reported this problem. People who have already cruised QOS have reported in that you can still get reservations on the boat.

Well, thats comforting to know, thanks.

Yes you can still get reservations on the ship but probably not at a time you would wish to dine.

If you do get a suitable time ,in our experience, there will be lots of empty tables. So why can't they do reservations? It is a mystery.

In our opinion dynamic dining is a disaster, we ate in the windjammer most evenings as all our reservations disappeared and most of the ones we could get were either at 6 or 9.30.

We found the whole reservation system for dining and shows took the spontaneity out of the trip.

People were making reservations then not turning up.

This made me go check our Anthem reservations for April 2016. They're still there, but I'll keep checking. I think we're going to switch to a standard time dining so we have the same time and waitstaff and don't have to worry about shows, etc. as much.

This is why I cancelled this cruise. I feel like your gonna spend more time at the front desk than enjoying your vacation. Who wants that much work on vacation?

Just finished a twelve day sailing. You couldn't be more wrong. We only had 3 reservations when we got on board, we did not spend any time at the front desk for dining reservations. We did have to stop at the restaurant we wanted to eat at each night to make reservations but it didn't take more then a total of maybe 30 minutes to get ALL of our reservations booked for the week.

All of this propaganda is really silly. We ate at every restaurant we wanted to eat at, at or reasonably close to the time that we wanted to eat at them. I understand that this dining is a drastic change to what you are used to from Royal but give it a chance. Also the food has never been better and because there are so many choices you don't get bored with the same basic choices every night.

Yes you can still get reservations on the ship but probably not at a time you would wish to dine.

If you do get a suitable time ,in our experience, there will be lots of empty tables. So why can't they do reservations? It is a mystery.

In our opinion dynamic dining is a disaster, we ate in the windjammer most evenings as all our reservations disappeared and most of the ones we could get were either at 6 or 9.30.

We found the whole reservation system for dining and shows took the spontaneity out of the trip.

People were making reservations then not turning up.

We asked the question about reservations and empty tables while we were on board, basically if you're there at 6:00 with empty tables, perhaps there are people with reservations for 7:00 or 7:30 and they tell you that you need to figure 2 hours for dinner each night, that isn't always the case but it makes some sort of mathematical sense because if someone is eating at 6:00 and I have a table at 7:00 I'm going to be even more pissed if I have to wait.

I think you missed out on some exceptional meals by only eating at the windjammer, though the food at the windjammer was better than I ever remember it being. The food at every venue was magnificent except for maybe Jaime's which was just OK.

As for the spontaneity that you mention, How could anything be less spontaneous than how Royal used to be? Early meal or late meal, early show or late show; absolutely nothing spontaneous about that.

The fact that you have to have reservations in advance yet you can't make them is just bs. Getting on a ship not knowing and hoping that you get into a restaurant is a ridiculous way to run it. More people it seems have issues and when you pay that much $ for vacation I would like to know I get into where I wanna eat and not have to eat at windjammer every night. They need to get there act together.

Just finished a twelve day sailing. You couldn't be more wrong. We only had 3 reservations when we got on board, we did not spend any time at the front desk for dining reservations. We did have to stop at the restaurant we wanted to eat at each night to make reservations but it didn't take more then a total of maybe 30 minutes to get ALL of our reservations booked for the week.

All of this propaganda is really silly. We ate at every restaurant we wanted to eat at, at or reasonably close to the time that we wanted to eat at them. I understand that this dining is a drastic change to what you are used to from Royal but give it a chance. Also the food has never been better and because there are so many choices you don't get bored with the same basic choices every night.

What propoganda? You mean cruisers' honest reviews? It's the way it is. Even the company abandon their own failing idea for something less drastic. Do I think it could have worked? Yes...if the company did their homework and implemented it correctly WITH a working IT system. I sincerely hope that this new rotational dynamic dining works to suit everyone's needs.

I hope you are correct in saying that the food has never been better. I've read mixed reviews (as with anything) regarding the food on Quantum. However, I do know that if RCI continues the quality of food I experienced on Explorer last year, well, they leave a lot to be desired.

I honestly have to agree with klitch here. We just got off the Quantum last Friday. We were a bit worried because some of our dinner reservations were not showing up on my online reservation. I made few calls to RCC prior to boarding and they assured me they would all be in p,ve once on the ship. Voila, never we arrived we checked our TV and lo and behold every reservation for dining and entertainment was in place.

We travelled with another couple who only made half a weeks reservations and another couple with all the same as us. Every night the older couple came along they tagged along with us 4 and were very politely seated with us with not one hassle. We often saw people with no reservations just show up to restaurants and get in no problems. You may also go to each restaurant after looking at menus and deciding if you want to eat there, or change because it doesn't sound appealing.

In all seriousness the way some folks were Sooo stressed over this process was really intriguing to us.

We found the process painless,the staff more than accommodating and we ate exactly when and where we decided prior to boarding:)

One night we even cancelled a restaurant and ate in the windjammer and was very impressed with the upgrade in the quality of food there.

The biggest thing we found is the number of complaints about dynamic dining. I believe at this stage of the game with allllll the information out there about it, and you are truly a fan of the main dining room/same waiter experience and don't see yourself ever delving off that pattern of cruising , my suggestion would be stay away and let the cruisers who enjoy different dining experiences and cuisines enjoy this new way of eating on a ship. We found the complaints about the dining and it not being "the old way" , and the way some of the staff in the restaurants were treated because of things beyond their control ....well it was embarrassing . To almost have a stroke because your bread didn't arrive on time seems a bit extreme in my book :)

Relax folks....its vacation:)

What propoganda? You mean cruisers' honest reviews? It's the way it is. Even the company abandon their own failing idea for something less drastic. Do I think it could have worked? Yes...if the company did their homework and implemented it correctly WITH a working IT system. I sincerely hope that this new rotational dynamic dining works to suit everyone's needs.

I hope you are correct in saying that the food has never been better. I've read mixed reviews (as with anything) regarding the food on Quantum. However, I do know that if RCI continues the quality of food I experienced on Explorer last year, well, they leave a lot to be desired.

The propaganda that you're going to spend your entire vacation trying to make dinner reservations. I get that that this is new, and that new might be scary for you but it's really not that bad.

The propaganda that you're going to spend your entire vacation trying to make dinner reservations. I get that that this is new, and that new might be scary for you but it's really not that bad.

No one on these boards has ever said they thought they would spend their entire vacation making dinner reservations. That's certainly a pure exaggeration on your part.

DD was not the worst experience I've ever had but it doesn't have to be this difficult. After 8 months RCI is STILL losing reservations. You don't see that as a problem? The anxiety it causes is unnecessary.

Yes you can get up every morning and spend time in line putting back what you had already been promised by RCI. OR you can wait in line every night. It's not the time spent, it's the fact that you too frequently have to spend your valuable vacation time fixing the the problems created by a poorly designed and implemented system.

What we found with people who didn't have their reservations is they just went

To

The restaurant during the day and made a reservation.

Their was no need to "wait in line" anywhere because all the

restaurants always had someone there waiting to assist you

most of the day and were more than willing to

help you get a reservation. It wasn't a huge process unless

of course you decided to go to guest services and wait

in a long line behind people complaining about everything under

the sun. The reservations can be made at the restaurant

Directly, on your Royal IQ App , on your too

TV or on any of the numerous iPads available

on the ship. We travelled with a couple with only

Half their dining reservations done. They found out our

Reservations, went to those restaurants

and were immediately given seating with us.

Took them no more than 15 minutes and they were

in their 80's. The process is not as difficult as described

by so many IF you use the onboard options that make it

easier. It most definitely did not ruin their

Trip and they were impressed with how efficiently

they were accommodated !

What we found with people who didn't have their reservations is they just went

To

The restaurant during the day and made a reservation.

Their was no need to "wait in line every morning or every night" anywhere because all the

restaurants always had someone there waiting to assist you

most of the day and were more than willing to

help you get a reservation. When you first get onboard look at your

Room TV and your schedule. If something is incorrect fix it right away and be done with it in one fell swoop. It wasn't a huge process unless

of course you decided to go to guest services and wait

in a long line behind people complaining about everything under

the sun. The reservations can be made at the restaurant

Directly, on your Royal IQ App , on your room TV

TV or on any of the numerous iPads available

on the ship. We travelled with a couple with only

Half their dining reservations done. They found out our

Reservations, went to those restaurants

and were immediately given seating with us.

Took them no more than 15 minutes and they were

in their 80's. The process is not as difficult as described

by so many IF you use the onboard options that make it

easier. It most definitely did not ruin their

Trip and they were impressed with how efficiently

they were accommodated !

No one on these boards has ever said they thought they would spend their entire vacation making dinner reservations. That's certainly a pure exaggeration on your part.

DD was not the worst experience I've ever had but it doesn't have to be this difficult. After 8 months RCI is STILL losing reservations. You don't see that as a problem? The anxiety it causes is unnecessary.

Yes you can get up every morning and spend time in line putting back what you had already been promised by RCI. OR you can wait in line every night. It's not the time spent, it's the fact that you too frequently have to spend your valuable vacation time fixing the the problems created by a poorly designed and implemented system.

This is why I cancelled this cruise. I feel like your gonna spend more time at the front desk than enjoying your vacation. Who wants that much work on vacation?

A slight exaggeration, more of a misremembering though.

It's definitely poorly designed and could have been implemented better but honestly the only people I heard complaining about it on-board were ... how to say this nicely ... old people who are very used to and very comfortable with how RCCL did things on every ship until now. Royal can certainly do a better job about the uncertainty that people feel leading up to sailing but really it's not that big of a deal if you're a bit patient and realize that it's different than you're used to.

I don't see it as a problem that they are losing reservations, because I think the people that they are losing are the ones that I probably don't want to cruise with anyway. I'll say it again, we went on with 3 reservations for a twelve night cruise, we ate at EVERY restaurant we wanted to at or around the time we wanted to and the food was absolutely fantastic EVERYWHERE and that includes the windjammer.

You RCI people will defend anything. All I know is my travel agent has had many not happy cruisers off the Quantum. Hopefully it's getting better but I for one am happy I cancelled my cruise on it.

Glad to hear it. Wouldn't want to give you anything good to talk about[emoji480][emoji480]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A slight exaggeration, more of a misremembering though.

It's definitely poorly designed and could have been implemented better but honestly the only people I heard complaining about it on-board were ... how to say this nicely ... old people who are very used to and very comfortable with how RCCL did things on every ship until now. Royal can certainly do a better job about the uncertainty that people feel leading up to sailing but really it's not that big of a deal if you're a bit patient and realize that it's different than you're used to.

I don't see it as a problem that they are losing reservations, because I think the people that they are losing are the ones that I probably don't want to cruise with anyway. I'll say it again, we went on with 3 reservations for a twelve night cruise, we ate at EVERY restaurant we wanted to at or around the time we wanted to and the food was absolutely fantastic EVERYWHERE and that includes the windjammer.

:) OK we can split the difference on correction time!

I wasn't quite clear on losing reservations. I was pointing out they are still losing DINNER reservations after 8 months of I.T. problems.

Your last point on passengers canceling is a good one. I will also agree that the process is vastly improved from my cruise in December.

(not saying this sarcastically) If you will take the time to read my entire Quantum review you will see Dining problems were part of a long list of issues.

Someday we will book the Anthem out of Bayonne, but probably not until 2017. Thankfully we are on Serenade and Liberty for this year. But with the huge increases in drink prices and our lackluster Quantum cruise, I'm really down on cruising.

Hopefully our 2016 cruises will spark our cruise excitement again. We still have Australia and the Panama Canal on our bucket list.

Your choice. But cancelling a cruise over dinner reservations. Really? And we are not loyal to Royal.

You RCI people will defend anything. All I know is my travel agent has had many not happy cruisers off the Quantum. Hopefully it's getting better but I for one am happy I cancelled my cruise on it.

CruisePrincess575, Im so sorry you cancelled, it would have been so much fun to cruise with you again!