UK/ European cruisers new onboard booking offer.

harz99

I'm a bit confused as the way I'm reading it you get the deposit back as OBC on the ship where you make the booking, which means if you change in the future you won't lose your deposit as you'll have already spent it :)

However I think what Heather is saying above is that you get the OBC, which is applicable for booking onboard, applied to the current sailing. This would be in line with what Celebrity are now doing, as we booked a future cruise onboard a Celebrity ship a couple of weeks ago and had the OBC applied to the sailing we were on when we booked it.

So which is it? The deposit or the OBC which comes for booking a future cruise? If it's the OBC then presumably any changes would mean we could still lose our deposit :confused:

Wow, hope that makes sense :rolleyes:

You're over thinking the matter. It doesn't matter what you call it, the fact is you immediately get back what you pay out to make the onboard booking. If you cancel later you lose your deposit which has nil value under those circumstances, so you lose nil.

If however you move your booking to a later date/different ship etc., that deposit does have a value which is still the amount you paid onboard, and counts as the full deposit on the amended cruise.

So take a cruise and you get the OBC, cancel and you lose nothing because you've already had your initial outlay back.

I can't explain any clearer, and suggest any further questions anyone has be asked on board, please.

The deposit schedule is the same as the Onboard Credit Schedule and is determined by category of stateroom and length of voyage.

Full details as posted on another thread...

Here is the text of the new policy.

HERE'S HOW IT WORKS

Book your next cruise while onboard and earn up to $500 in INSTANT credit to spend during your cruise vacation right then and there! Plus, it's combinable with your Crown & Anchor Balcony & Suite Discount or the CAS Exclusive Savings and the limited time local offer to make it the BEST deal anywhere! Will you spend your $500 in the Spa and Salon or the Photo Gallery or on an Internet Package or all of the above? See the Cruise Sales Team onboard to get your free INSTANT onboard credit as soon as you step onboard.

NextCruise Confirmed Booking: Select your ship and sail date at the time of booking. A $50 to $500 non-refundable deposit per person is required to partake in the Next Cruise program when booking 5+ night voyages. The deposit schedule is the same as the Onboard Credit Schedule and is determined by category of stateroom and length of voyage. Reservations may be cancelled but deposit would be forfeited as it is non-refundable. Reservations may be changed to another ship or sail date up to 90 days prior to Holiday sailings and 75 days for all other sailings. Changes to reservations are applicable primarily to US, Canadian, United Kingdom, Ireland, European & Australian guests. Not all countries follow this cancellation/change policy. Onboard credit has no cash value, is not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00PM on the final night of the cruise. Next Cruise offers are not combinable with the following rates: Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, weekly Sales Events, Net Rates or Shareholder Benefits. They are combinable with Crown & Anchor Balcony and Suite discounts and Savings Certificates. We value our relationships with our Travel Partners and unless we are advised ahead of time, your Decide Now confirmed booking will be attributed to the Travel Partner associated with your current cruise booking. However if you wish to have your booking reflect an alternative arrangement, please advise at the time of booking and a form will be provided for you to sign as authorization. Amount of Instant Onboard Credit ranges from $50 - $500 per stateroom and is determined based on category of stateroom and length of voyage (minimum 5 night sailing). Maximum one Instant Onboard Credit per stateroom is to be applied to the current cruise. Once deposit/Instant Onboard Credit is locked in, that will fulfill the Deposit / Instant Onboard Credit for the current cruise. Once the deposit / Instant Onboard Credit is applied, the only remaining benefit is the limited time combinable North American offer at the time of booking (excluding China product). You may change your ship or sail date, but your onboard credit is subject to repayment out of your onboard deposit if you book a lower category or shorter sailing. Program applicable to new individual Royal Caribbean bookings made after March 6, 2015. Bookings may be transferred into non-contracted groups and full deposit may be required. Individual enrollment may be converted and applied to a group booking. International deposits and requirements may vary. Please see your Cruise Sales Team for details and deposit policies. For those guests that choose to have their Onboard Credit on their future voyage, if the original ship and sail date selected while onboard is changed in the future, we reserve the right to adjust the onboard credit amount to the Open Booking model between $25 - $100 per stateroom based on length of cruise. After the Offer Period for any North American Offer that is combinable with your Next Cruise Booking has expired, the Offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking, applies a fare change, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the Offer. Additional deposits may be required for Grand Suites and above. At least one name must remain the same on the booking. Offer is subject to change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. © 2015 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registry: The Bahamas.[/size]

Take note of the terms in bold

• 2 months later...

Just as a follow up.

Well now, as of today my onboard booking for 7 nights in a Junior Suite on Allure in 2016 has been changed to 13 nights in an Inside on Radiance on one of the new Australian sailings just released.

I kept both the reduced deposit which transferred over, and the BOGHO offer, although in fairness BOGHO is the current offer, so not sure whether they transferred the original offer or applied the new one, but the result is the same.

All achieved via my UK based TA, and at a time when the UK does not have a BOGHO offer on the sailing I chose.

So what I was promised on Radiance early this year has indeed come to pass!:D

I'm a bit confused as the way I'm reading it you get the deposit back as OBC on the ship where you make the booking, which means if you change in the future you won't lose your deposit as you'll have already spent it :)

However I think what Heather is saying above is that you get the OBC, which is applicable for booking onboard, applied to the current sailing. This would be in line with what Celebrity are now doing, as we booked a future cruise onboard a Celebrity ship a couple of weeks ago and had the OBC applied to the sailing we were on when we booked it.

So which is it? The deposit or the OBC which comes for booking a future cruise? If it's the OBC then presumably any changes would mean we could still lose our deposit :confused:

Wow, hope that makes sense :rolleyes:

They are giving us Brits the same low deposits as the Americans so when you book the OBC and deposit are the same amount. This started in April. They were also giving us the buy get one half price deal. I thought I was in heaven.

Edited by trojan3000