Spirit or Getaway

bpmalaskabound

We recently booked our first NCL cruise on the Spirit. My husband and I have both sailed RCCL Enchantment of the seas. I had an amazing time repeating the same cruise a couple months later with friends, but my husband wasn't the biggest fan. However, with the UBP we though we would give it another go, and this time we are bringing our 4 year old with us. (It will be a week before his 5th birthday). The itinerary is also much better for this trip. Our first was Naussau (we hated it) and Coco Cay (loved it). This cruise sails to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, and Great Stirrup Cay.

I am starting to get a little bit nervous about booking a smaller ship after my husband's opinion of the last cruise. Is it worth the extra money to sail the Getaway? I have read mixed reviews on the ship. Cost is a big factor for us, as I am still in nursing school. Just want to make sure the money we spend will set us up for a good experience for everyone.

We've sailed Spirit before and the BA. We are going on Spirit again. For a 4 year old the Spirit has the great kids pool area on the back of the ship plus the tiered seating area. GA has tons of stuff to do though. Guess I'd look at the ports and price.