Why the same ships in the same home ports?

New2cruise1483

[quote name='Barb Nahoumi']NCL runs one way New England--Canadian trips on the Dawn from Boston in the fall, while RCI runs round-trip Canadian cruises.

I would like to see NCL convert the Canadian cruises to round trip. On a one-way cruise, one must spend extra for transportation home, by booking a B to B, or finding a flight or bus. This is inconvenient and expensive.[/QUOTE]

NCL does round-trip Canada cruises from NYC. We did one about 5 years ago and loved sailing out past the statue of Liberty. I think it's kind of like the Alaska cruises. I actually like what they do with the ones from Boston -- even if I've never taken one. They're one way to Quebec and then back the next week, but the ports change enough that those who have the vacation time and money can do it as a 14-day round-trip from either Boston or Quebec. Maybe if I hit the lottery one day :)

[quote name='BritChickBN1']No! She's ours and you can't have her! :p[/QUOTE]

I live 35 miles outside of NYC!!!! ;):)

I've done Gem, Dawn, Jewel and Breakaway from NY. I would love to do the Boston to Bermuda run as it's cheaper than the NY run and I have to say Dawn was probably my least favorite ship in the fleet.

I love Great Outdoors and Spinnaker... I think a change up is already in the works for NY anyway, sorry...

Another vote for a Jewel Class ship out of Boston. Sailed on the GEM from NYC to Canada in 2012. The 10-day itinerary was great. Could easily be done from Boston, and less $$ and days than having to do a B2B from Boston to Quebec back to Boston. Also, would be nice for a change of ship for the Boston-Bermuda run. Let's all send telepathic messages to NCL.....:D;)

[quote name='russianmom']I live 35 miles outside of NYC!!!! ;):)

I've done Gem, Dawn, Jewel and Breakaway from NY. I would love to do the Boston to Bermuda run as it's cheaper than the NY run and I have to say Dawn was probably my least favorite ship in the fleet.

I love Great Outdoors and Spinnaker... I think a change up is already in the works for NY anyway, sorry...[/QUOTE]

Funny you say that...Dawn was also my least favorite NCL cruise ship. I've never been on a bad cruise, but their other ships we've been on (Sea in 2002, Spirit in 2006 and Jewel in 2011) were far better in our opinion. Our favorite so far was the Jewel. We are sailing on Breakaway in July and we can't wait! :)