How to get GOES info into res when flying from LHR

Alicomp

We are US citizens and will be flying from London to Philadelphia on British Air. Since BA is not a US airline, there is no place to put our GOES (trusted traveller) number into the reservation. For anyone who has done this, how do we ensure that we can use the GOES kiosk when we land in Philadelphia, rather than waiting on long passport lines?

Thank you.

Your global entry number is connected to your passport. When you get off the plane, look for signs near passport control. Sometimes they aren't so obvious. You scan your passport and then follow the instructions on the screen. Having it in your reservation in the US helps you use the TSA pre-check.

Baseball Fan is correct. It has nothing to do with your reservation or what airline you are flying on. Just find the kiosk and swipe your passport! Hope it works! I've had problems with my fingerprints sometimes. Having it in your airline reservation is only important if you want to use TSA pre check leaving the US.

OP here. Thanks for your replies. (When I had my interview for GOES they couldn't get my fingerprints so they made a note that I am exempt from that part. I hope I don't have a problem with that!)

Deleted

Edited by orchestrapal

Baseball Fan is correct. It has nothing to do with your reservation or what airline you are flying on. Just find the kiosk and swipe your passport! Hope it works! I've had problems with my fingerprints sometimes. Having it in your airline reservation is only important if you want to use TSA pre check leaving the US.

OP,

If an individual is in a frequent flyer club -- name actually varies by airline -- there is a page for a traveler to maintain his/her personal profile for each airline. In each of those profiles, there is a place to enter a trusted traveler number. As others have said, this number gets picked up when flying on that airline. But the crunch time for GOES certified passengers comes re-entering the country regardless of airline.

When you got your GOES number, you also should have gotten a small GOES ID card. Did you? (If not, prior to your trip contact the powers that be at the closest GOES office to get one.) Carry this ID card with you on your trip. That way, if you have trouble scanning your passport at the special GOES kiosks, you'll be able to provide documentation for your GOES status. Now that I've read about the trouble you've had with your fingerprints, I'd be doubly sure to carry that card with me in your situation.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

OP here. Thanks for your replies. (When I had my interview for GOES they couldn't get my fingerprints so they made a note that I am exempt from that part. I hope I don't have a problem with that!)

When the GOES officials had trouble getting your finger prints, did they make any suggestions about how to improve your chances? If not, here's what people who get frequent fingerprints (people in the military, people who routinely get screened for security clearances, teachers, etc.) know about successfully getting finger printed: rub your fingers on your forehead if its the end of the day and your skin is slightly oily (or don't wash your face first thing in the morning and head to the GOES office with an oily face) or rub your fingers through your hair if you've got some kind of creamy or oily styling product on your hair. This typically works. I have a history of problems giving fingerprints. In the past, I've been told my skin is like baby skin with very low raised ridges which is atypical for someone my age (NOT young!!). Well, I guess my finger tips finally caught up with my actual age, since I had no trouble giving finger prints at the GOES office recently.

If your GOES office is local, I would make an appointment to try giving finger prints again and use one of the techniques I suggested.

When the GOES officials had trouble getting your finger prints, did they make any suggestions about how to improve your chances? If not, here's what people who get frequent fingerprints (people in the military, people who routinely get screened for security clearances, teachers, etc.) know about successfully getting finger printed: rub your fingers on your forehead if its the end of the day and your skin is slightly oily (or don't wash your face first thing in the morning and head to the GOES office with an oily face) or rub your fingers through your hair if you've got some kind of creamy or oily styling product on your hair. This typically works. I have a history of problems giving fingerprints. In the past, I've been told my skin is like baby skin with very low raised ridges which is atypical for someone my age (NOT young!!). Well, I guess my finger tips finally caught up with my actual age, since I had no trouble giving finger prints at the GOES office recently.

If your GOES office is local, I would make an appointment to try giving finger prints again and use one of the techniques I suggested.

Pet - No, they didn't give me any suggestions. Just said they couldn't get them, and I'd be exempt from fingerprints. Unfortunately, there are no GOES offices near here. We took advantage of being on vacation last year and went to an office where we were vacationing. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly.

Edited by Alicomp
Misspelled word.

OP,

If an individual is in a frequent flyer club -- name actually varies by airline -- there is a page for a traveler to maintain his/her personal profile for each airline. In each of those profiles, there is a place to enter a trusted traveler number. As others have said, this number gets picked up when flying on that airline. But the crunch time for GOES certified passengers comes re-entering the country regardless of airline.

When you got your GOES number, you also should have gotten a small GOES ID card. Did you? (If not, prior to your trip contact the powers that be at the closest GOES office to get one.) Carry this ID card with you on your trip. That way, if you have trouble scanning your passport at the special GOES kiosks, you'll be able to provide documentation for your GOES status. Now that I've read about the trouble you've had with your fingerprints, I'd be doubly sure to carry that card with me in your situation.

Before they offered the ID card, you got a sticker in your passport. It is small and in an upper corner (inside the cover). I had to pay extra for my ID card although I've never used it.

I did get stopped once as the machine could not read my fingerprints. Took about 10 minutes and I was on my way. I get to renew mine next year but luckily, if needed, they now have an office near me.

My DH has fingerprint problems - retired firefighter, we put it down to working conditions. Once when disembarking at Port Everglades we were taken to a room and detained for further inspection because they could not get his fingerprints. They kept us there for over an hour. It was scary to say the least.