Drink Package Vs. Port Days

I will be traveling on the Adventure next week and we will be visiting 5 ports. This means that I will not be on the ship most days. We only have one sea day. I would think the drink packages are a tougher sell than on cruises that have multiple sea days. We were on a 10 day on the Explorer out of Cape Liberty NJ that had five sea days. This itinerary to me would be of better value purchasing a drink package. I guess it is tough for RCCL to price according to voyage. I feel on this Adventure itinerary the package is less valuable than one with more sea days. I wonder how sales of these packages reflect based on "Sea Days".

From my experience you'll probably drink a bit less on ship during port days, just due to being on the ship for less of the day. Depends how long you're off in port and how much you drink on average. From the sounds of it, with increased drink prices , the drink packages just about pay for themselves after 5-6 drinks. Unless the actual drink packages also go up at some point, but that's still undetermined so far.

Our last cruise, on carnival we had a drink package with 15 drinks/day max. I drink a good bit and even on port days getting up to 15 was a stretch, but maybe not so much on long sea days.

It is really all a matter of personal opinion, habits and tastes. Some people say you have to be a lush to make the drink package worthwhile; however, a soda or 2 at lunch, a couple drinks in the afternoon, one before dinner, wine at dinner and a drink at the show more than make the package worth it....not to mention, tracking receipts and no trip to customer service desk for errors/misbillings.

We are on Freedom April 26th. I debated for several weeks about whether to get a drink package. Decided to move forward after doing the math on what is included and the choices I have. I may end up tracking my "purchases" somewhat to see if the expense was worth it. I have a feeling I will still come out ahead even when I am not a big drinker.

We were on AOS last month (7 day - 6 ports) We decided to get the Replenish package. morning got a latte and 2 waters, evening we had drinks in CL, night ended with a frozen drink or 2 (got a shot a rum a couple times, in the drinks, but decided we didn't need it) and always grabbed a few more waters before going back to the cabin. We left the ship with 8 waters, that I had been collecting during the week, for our 2 day stay in SJ.

We like the drink package because it takes the worry of "how much are we spending" out of the equation. If we want a drink or drinks, we drink and we don't to worry about how much have we spent. Always felt like we got our money's worth.