Packing List

In 13 days we head out on our first cruise with NCL. Is there anything that I should pack to make our travels easier?? Anything to make the cabin life more enjoyable?? Do we need to pack dressy clothes for evening meals??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look on the NCL.com Frequently Asked Questions it tells you what the dress code for the various restaurants is.

Best advice I can offer on packing:

Lay out all of the clothes you plan to wear, then lay out all of the money you plan to spend.

Open your suitcase(s).

Pack half the clothes and twice the money. ;)

In 13 days we head out on our first cruise with NCL. Is there anything that I should pack to make our travels easier?? Anything to make the cabin life more enjoyable?? Do we need to pack dressy clothes for evening meals??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try not to over pack (I'm guilty) so you have less stuff to fuss with. First cruise I must have brought about 20+ outfits and was ready for any weather or occasion. Never needed even a third of what I had packed.

Have a great cruise:)

Are you a big coffee drinker? I would suggest bringing along your own travel mug as well so you don't have to constantly refill your little coffee cup. I drink a lot of cold liquids, and really liked the ice tea on the buffet. So I had my own insulated mug for cold beverages that I could carry around with me. I also like to bring along a tote bag to carry around the ship to hold my kindle, beach towel, camera, etc.

2 bathing suits. Beach shoes or sandals as the decks can get hot. Sunscreen.

An insulated mug or tumbler to carry water/juice/whatever on deck--just make sure to use a fresh glass from the buffet to refill your mug, not hold your mug up to the dispenser.

I forgot a belt our first cruise and we did so much walking around the ship i lost a few pounds and my pants kept sliding down...

This might sound ridiculous but I bring a highlighter

I tried this last cruise and it really helped to "highlight" things I wanted to do on the daily list of activities

It helped me not to forget any things i wanted to do

Edited by maxwellito

Bring some sort of clock you can see at night for your cabin. We have one that is also a white noise machine that we find helps us sleep. I know some folks use their phone, but having a clock is just so much easier because we usually have the phone put away.

The cabins can get really dark. You may like to have one of those fake candle tea lights for the bathroom at night.

Powerstrip to charge and plug in devices. There is really only one outlet (plug).

I always take a highlighter to mark activities in the daily.

Other people say magnets are useful, but we have never needed them. Others also say the like shoe bags you hang over the door for odds and end, but we have never needed one of those either.

We never take dressy clothes. Nice clothes, e.g., shirts with collars, but not dressy. We're on vacation!!!!!

Edited by drvalo

Over the counter meds for headaches, acid reflux, nausea, etc... You can get them on board but expensive and they take up little room.

Stickies and a pen to leave notes for others in cabin or the steward if you need something.

If you like to dress up bring them if you don't - leave them at home.:D If you are going to swim bring an extra bathing suit so that you have an extra in case the other doesn't dry in time. I hate putting on damp suits.:p

Credit card for onboard expenses and buying things while in port. Don't forget to call you cc companies and let them know you will be traveling out of the country.

Extra memory for your cameras but if you can bring something to transfer the pics onto daily that would be best as we learned the hard way. I downloaded mine but hubby forgot to do his and we lost the card at the end of the trip. The worst part is that he is a much better photographer than I am.:(

Hi! There are many threads where people discuss ideas for things to bring on a cruise. Personally, I wouldn't bring a lot of extra little things. I found that when I did that, I didn't use them at all. And it became annoying trying to dig through it all to find what I was really needing in my drawers in the cabin.

A lot of the suggested items sound like good ideas, but you really will do just fine without them and really don't need them. To me, it's just more to unpack when you get your cabin, more to juggle around when in your cabin, and things you never used that you now have to pack to leave and go home.

The only suggested Item that I can think of is several $1 bills to use when you have room service delivered. I always kept them right in the top drawer, so anyone is our cabin that ordered would have them handy when the person came with our order.

Tums. Tea Lights. Battery Travel Clock. Good flip flops for pool decks, NOT the cheap Old Navy/Gap ones. NCL does a waaaay better job of keeping the pool decks dry than Carnival ever did. Cover Ups for going from the pool deck to the lunch buffet. A sweatshirt or light sweater for dining rooms (AC) or having cocktails on the Waterfront. We went in July and even then it got cool with the breezes at night while at sea. Small bills for tipping. Sticky notes. If you are going on a ship that has a rock climbing wall or ropes course, sneakers. Head bands for us girls with long hair. A waterproof watch set to ship's time. Sun screen. Aloe.

Have a great cruise!