Alaska Cruise Review - Interested???

shealea

I went on a cruise to Alaska last summer -- round trip from Seattle. On the Jewel to Sawyer Glacier. Ports -- Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan.

My question is .... it's been many months since the cruise, and I was considering still posting a review here if there is interest. With Alaska cruise season coming up, I thought .... well, maybe folks may be coming here with questions and interest in Alaska cruises.

I've been to Alaska 4 times -- twice on the Pearl and twice on the Jewel. Each cruise was with a different set of circumstances in terms of who we were traveling with ... once with a pre-teen and a teenager, once with our cousins, once with two older teenagers, and once with just my dh and I. One trip we did shore excursions, the other trips we went out on our own. We were not wanting to spend much $$$$$ in ports, but we still had a blast with what we did! Yes! There are fun things to do and lots of exploring to be done without spending a ton of money!!

It would not be a minute-by-minute, step-by-step review, exactly what we ate for each meal, etc., because my mind has not held on to all of that since it's been so long he, he!!!! After all, I am in my mid-50's!!!! Ha! It would be more of an overview of what we did in each port. What we enjoyed on the ship, what we enjoyed about the different dining we did. Some tips and things not to miss on the ships.

So, before I take the time to do a review that is from a cruise months ago, is there any interest in that? I have never done a review before, so I guess I'm kind of nervous about doing one. So if you want one, I'm happy to give it my best shot!!!!! HA!

I am going on the Pearl to Alaska with a pre-teen in August. Would love to hear any tips. We were on the Pearl in the Caribbean about 7 years ago. I know the only thing that has changed is the Water Slide has been removed.

I would certainly give it a read! I doubt that much as changed to make it irrelevant to anyone doing this itinerary this year.

You could also post it on the Alaska Board in the Ports of Call section here on Cruise Critic. Many people post their cruise reviews there and there are lots of Alaska cruise planners who will check out that board.

I went on a cruise to Alaska last summer -- round trip from Seattle. On the Jewel to Sawyer Glacier. Ports -- Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan.

My question is .... it's been many months since the cruise, and I was considering still posting a review here if there is interest. With Alaska cruise season coming up, I thought .... well, maybe folks may be coming here with questions and interest in Alaska cruises.

I've been to Alaska 4 times -- twice on the Pearl and twice on the Jewel. Each cruise was with a different set of circumstances in terms of who we were traveling with ... once with a pre-teen and a teenager, once with our cousins, once with two older teenagers, and once with just my dh and I. One trip we did shore excursions, the other trips we went out on our own. We were not wanting to spend much $$$$$ in ports, but we still had a blast with what we did! Yes! There are fun things to do and lots of exploring to be done without spending a ton of money!!

It would not be a minute-by-minute, step-by-step review, exactly what we ate for each meal, etc., because my mind has not held on to all of that since it's been so long he, he!!!! After all, I am in my mid-50's!!!! Ha! It would be more of an overview of what we did in each port. What we enjoyed on the ship, what we enjoyed about the different dining we did. Some tips and things not to miss on the ships.

So, before I take the time to do a review that is from a cruise months ago, is there any interest in that? I have never done a review before, so I guess I'm kind of nervous about doing one. So if you want one, I'm happy to give it my best shot!!!!! HA!

Hello, yes please do your review. We are going to Alaska for the first time next August with DH, ds 19, and dd 14 on pearl. Would be interested to see what you did when you travel with kids. What excursion would you recommend? What not to miss?

Thank you, Lina

Yes please! I will be on the May 31 - June 7 sailing on the Pearl so highlighting differences would be of interest to me. I am bringing a first time cruiser with me and I have never been to Alaska before.

Come join our role call! I will be on that sailing as well :D. To the OP, yes please! It wil help me pass the time till embarkation day lol.

One trip we did shore excursions, the other trips we went out on our own. We were not wanting to spend much $$$$$ in ports, but we still had a blast with what we did! Yes! There are fun things to do and lots of exploring to be done without spending a ton of money!!

Yes I would be interested!!! I would especially love to read about your experiences on exploring the ports on your own, as that is what we plan on doing on our May 17th cruise on the Pearl.